“best western st christopher hotel new orleans”

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Ranked #68 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
la grange, United States
“best western st christopher hotel new orleans”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would stay here again. I enjoyed the décor of the room especially since it was an old warehouse. that made the room non standard and interesting. parking is a bit far away and since we were on motorcycles we had to park and get them ourselves. the hotel location makes it convenient to many of the attractions in new Orleans and the French quarter

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Mark J
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear. Mark

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our property.

Tashena Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was clean and the beds comfortable. The location is great...just half a block off of Canal Street. Just don't take room 202. That room is small with no window. It did have a sky light but you can't close it so dawn breaks right there in your room. If you want it dark at 6:00 AM after a long night on Bourbon Street, 202 is not the ticket. We moved up to the 5th floor which was fine. Several of the girls at the front desk and the bell boys were very nice. I would stay here, again.

Room Tip: Do not take room 202.
Green Features: Screw the tree huggers...if you want a fresh towel, go for it.
1 Thank kliffnotes
Dear Mr. Kliftnotes

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our property.

Tashena Johnson
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was clean and the price we paid seemed to be on the lower end (but it was a AAA rate) for the area. Good access to streetcar lines and average continental breakfast.

When we were checking in (late at night), the front door was locked and a bell had to be rung to be let in. The person on duty that night took a long time to respond and was not exceptionally helpful/friendly.

Not impressed with the staff, but the stay was fine overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NChilicki
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Ms. Chilickl

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I would like to Give my deepest apology for the Night Auditor and the way she handle your check in. I am pleased however to know that despite that you did enjoy your stay.

Sincerely Tashena Johnson.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Last week I spent 5 nights at this hotel. I was attending a conference at the Sheraton across the street. I learned a long time ago that the big chain hotels provide, in my opinion, a much poorer level of customer service. At most 'botique' hotels, the guest is not just another number but a 'guest', a customer who needs to receive value in order to keep returning. This was my third stay in New Orleans, all of which were at 'botique' hotels (but my first stay at the St. Christopher). This was the best of my stays.

I found the room met my needs quite nicely (I was by myself) and the staff was very accommodating. Excellent service.

I continue to be very happy with my stays at Best Western. Thanks to the fact that they're individually owned, they focus on customer comfort and satisfaction. I saw a plaque on the wall stating that this hotel had been deemed 'best of the best' and I would have to agree.

I'm a big fan of adaptive reuse of facilities and enjoyed reading the history of this hotel. Seems as though it was constructed in the last century as a dry goods facility. I'm not clear on whether it was a sales or warehouse facility, neither of which would seem to me to fit the multi-story configuration of the building. But it makes a great hotel, with an interesting architectural slant with the exposed wood columns and exposed brick walls. Perhaps it was offices for a dry goods outfit (?)

Green Features: In terms of environmentally-friendly practices, I found that they try to avoid washing towels and linens that don't need it, pretty standard in the lodging industry these days.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bk30253_bills
Tashena J, General Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear, Bk30253_bill

Thank you for your review on Trioadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at St Christopher hotel and that we met all of your expatiation. We love hearing thing like that. Please do come again.

sincerely Tashena Johnson
valley view, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Convenient to everything and great staff! Missy at the bar and all of the front desk gave us great suggestions for dinner and breakfast! Walking distance to Harrah's as well as the French Quarter and Jackson Square! Have visited NOLA many times and this was a great stay!

1 Thank Laura B
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We appreciate your review on our hotel. We take pride in making sure each guest experience is a memorable one. Thank you for recognizing our employee and I’m glad that she was able to be a great service to you. We would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel.
Tıffın, Ohıo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The location at the edge of the French Quarter makes this an ideal place to launch waking tours of the area. We were only in town for 30 hours and managed to see most of the Quarter and experience many of the local restaurants and clubs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words in regarding our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you didn’t only enjoy the hotel that you also enjoy our beautiful city. We would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western plus St. Christopher hotel; we hope to see you again in the future.
st. louis, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My overall stay experience was good, however, because the trip was booked through Expedia, there was a $30.00 additional deposit required at check in that was not mentioned until check in. the additional $30.00 deposit was per room, per night. Because I was traveling with my family and had acquired two rooms for our nights, the additional $240.00 was quite unexpected. And the rooms, although clean, had an old mildew type odor that was unbearable. We had to go to a local store and purchase air fresheners to stay comfortably in the room. The lobby area was often smelly as well.

1 Thank Michael C
Thank you for your response, we would like to apologize for the experience you had during your visit at The Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel. I would like to thank you for staying at The Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel and if you’re ever in the city again please visit so that we can change things around for you.