“Excellent in EVERY way!”

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Ranked #72 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brunswick, United States
“Excellent in EVERY way!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Location is perfect walking distance to everything! Seconds from Canal St, the beginning of the French Quarter. One minute to streetcar. Buy the $3 all day on/off pass! Staff was super friendly and helpful! Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast is so-so, but it's free :-) I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Diane J
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Diane,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you received GREAT customer service we hope that you pass the word on about our hotel.
Help to see you again soon

sincerely Tashena Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
Austin
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights with my husband on a business related trip. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The shower was AWESOME. The view from our room 602 was of a brick wall across an alley. Everything worked and we weren't uncomfortable, but I can't give a better rating than "average". The cost of the room in relation to the location of the hotel was a bonus. The only thing that really bothered me was a few dime-sized old blood stains on the comforter that we noticed on our second day. It looked like it had been washed but not quite well enough. I didn't feel like it was any kind of actual health threat, but it turned me off to the hotel.

Staff attitude was pretty mediocre.

Room Tip: I think that the rooms 600-608 ish were facing the brick wall and higher numbered rooms might have a...
Green Features: They didn't clean or room, I guess that was environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oz4000
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Austin,

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get a room with a view and that you had and housekeep issues. Your review will help my staff,I am concerned about each and every one of your concerns you experienced. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.The St. Christopher Best Western strives to make your stay enjoyable. The principal goal of the St. Christopher is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. On Behave of my staff.
Please accept my sincere apology.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise departure from the port. The location was perfect for us. It was within walking distance of the French Quarter, the Riverwalk area and very close to the port parking garage. The history of the building and the unique rooms on the second floor were interesting. The valet staff were very helpful. I cannot say the same for the desk staff upon check-in. They were not rude, but they were not very helpful when we asked questions about the area. The desk staff upon check-out was very helpful. I recommend the $25 valet parking fee as opposed to the open parking lot behind the building.

Room Tip: The room we were in on the second floor included a narrow hallway to the bedrrom with a skylight ove...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie C
Dear Ms. Leslie.c

The St. Christopher Best Western strives to make their stay enjoyable. The principal goal of the St. Christopher is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy with the desk staff at check in. I am concerned about each and every one of your concerns you experienced
Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in the St. Christopher and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. On behave of my staff
Please accept my sincere apology.
la grange, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would stay here again. I enjoyed the décor of the room especially since it was an old warehouse. that made the room non standard and interesting. parking is a bit far away and since we were on motorcycles we had to park and get them ourselves. the hotel location makes it convenient to many of the attractions in new Orleans and the French quarter

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Mark J
Dear. Mark

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our property.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was clean and the beds comfortable. The location is great...just half a block off of Canal Street. Just don't take room 202. That room is small with no window. It did have a sky light but you can't close it so dawn breaks right there in your room. If you want it dark at 6:00 AM after a long night on Bourbon Street, 202 is not the ticket. We moved up to the 5th floor which was fine. Several of the girls at the front desk and the bell boys were very nice. I would stay here, again.

Room Tip: Do not take room 202.
Green Features: Screw the tree huggers...if you want a fresh towel, go for it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kliffnotes
Dear Mr. Kliftnotes

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our property.

Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was clean and the price we paid seemed to be on the lower end (but it was a AAA rate) for the area. Good access to streetcar lines and average continental breakfast.

When we were checking in (late at night), the front door was locked and a bell had to be rung to be let in. The person on duty that night took a long time to respond and was not exceptionally helpful/friendly.

Not impressed with the staff, but the stay was fine overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NChilicki
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Ms. Chilickl

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I would like to Give my deepest apology for the Night Auditor and the way she handle your check in. I am pleased however to know that despite that you did enjoy your stay.

Sincerely Tashena Johnson.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Last week I spent 5 nights at this hotel. I was attending a conference at the Sheraton across the street. I learned a long time ago that the big chain hotels provide, in my opinion, a much poorer level of customer service. At most 'botique' hotels, the guest is not just another number but a 'guest', a customer who needs to receive value in order to keep returning. This was my third stay in New Orleans, all of which were at 'botique' hotels (but my first stay at the St. Christopher). This was the best of my stays.

I found the room met my needs quite nicely (I was by myself) and the staff was very accommodating. Excellent service.

I continue to be very happy with my stays at Best Western. Thanks to the fact that they're individually owned, they focus on customer comfort and satisfaction. I saw a plaque on the wall stating that this hotel had been deemed 'best of the best' and I would have to agree.

I'm a big fan of adaptive reuse of facilities and enjoyed reading the history of this hotel. Seems as though it was constructed in the last century as a dry goods facility. I'm not clear on whether it was a sales or warehouse facility, neither of which would seem to me to fit the multi-story configuration of the building. But it makes a great hotel, with an interesting architectural slant with the exposed wood columns and exposed brick walls. Perhaps it was offices for a dry goods outfit (?)

Green Features: In terms of environmentally-friendly practices, I found that they try to avoid washing towels and linens that don't need it, pretty standard in the lodging industry these days.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bk30253_bills
Tashena J, General Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear, Bk30253_bill

Thank you for your review on Trioadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at St Christopher hotel and that we met all of your expatiation. We love hearing thing like that. Please do come again.

sincerely Tashena Johnson