“Content”

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Ranked #71 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only bad thing about our stay was that we had to call housekeeping several times before we finally were able to get more towels. But overall, our stay was fine. The location was perfect and it is definitely worth the price.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Tammaraw.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the review and we hope you and your family do visit us again soon..

sincerely Tashena Johnson

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

VERY DISHONEST DESK AND HOUSEKEEPING STAFF!!!! I recently spent the July 4 (Essence Festival Weekend) at this hotel and I will never stay there again. When I first arrive, I was greeted with a smile from Merlin, the friendliest and most personable valet driver I have ever encountered. However things quickly turned downhill from there. I was given a dusty room with no windows. When I requested to move, they lied to me and told me no other room was available but I would be moved the next day. I know this was a lie because I was able to look up the room availability online. The next day I returned from the convention center to a room that had not been cleaned because the housekeeper lied and said that there was a do not disturb sign on the door. I do not believe there was even a do not disturb sign in the room because I never saw one. In addition, when I inquired about the room change, the desk clerk looked me in the face and told me that I never asked to change rooms and that there were no rooms available. Another lie because again I was able to look up the room availability online. I didn't bother to argue because they knew they were lying and so did I. I have stayed in several hotels in this city over the years during the Essence Festival and this was my first negative experience.

Room Tip: Get a clean room with a window!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Denise B
Tashena J, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Ms. B

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am concerned about each and every one of your concerns you experienced at the St. Christopher Hotel I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

The St. Christopher Best Western strives to make their stay enjoyable. The principal goal of the St. Christopher is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the legitimate comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in the St. Christopher and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 504-648-0444.

Tashena Johnson & Kinisha Stewart
Front Desk Supervisors
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My experience at this hotel was great. The location is really a draw, you are in close proximity to Canal Street and the French Quarters. The hotel staff is very helpful. I believe the front desk manager was named Tasheena, she gave me some great insight on where to eat the morning that I checked in and she also warned me about a scam thats been going around (people calling random hotel rooms and asking for credit card info as if they are hotel staff).

The room itself was great minus the bed. I love a very firm bed and i think it may be time for them to replace the mattress. I had a corner room which was large. The housekeeping staff was always prompt and courteous. Briontae (spell check) who was a part of the housekeeping team was great! I have already booked my next trip to New Orleans for the Bayou Classic and I will be staying at the Best Western St. Christopher Hotel.

Room Tip: Request a corner room is possible. Also, I believe all the odd numbered floors have the ice/vending...
1  Thank BlueJ1977
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received from our staff at The Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that these team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. We look forward to having you in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

When I made the reservation the person said I could apply my coupon at check in. At check in they refused to honor the coupon and then would not refund the the money for reservation. I stayed one night canceling the rest of the reservation. At checkout the next morning they tried to charge me for canceling equal to another nights stay still not honoring the coupon. Very poor business practice. Bordering on fraud. The person at reservation could have said the coupon could not be used.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon F

Dear Mr. Joh F,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Tashena Johnson & Kinisha Stewart
Front Desk Supervisors
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Christopher Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel did not inform me about the $30 incidental fee being charged to my credit card after I checked out of the hotel. I checked my bank account only to find this charge. When I tried to call back and speak to someone, I had to press all these buttons to speak to someone and then the phone cut off. Finally I spoke to Lisa at the front desk and she informed me about the charge and said this will be credited back to my account in 5-7 days. If this is not, I plan on disputing this charge with my bank. I will never stay in another Best Western again. I seen other patrons upset prior to checking out but had no idea concerning the the problem. Now I realize, they were upset over the same charges.

1  Thank brittniy
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here during the 2014 Essence Festival and I really enjoyed my stay. The location was perfect as it wasn't too far at all to most of the major attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was cute and nicely decorated. I would defintely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for leaving such lovely comment. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel. Also, thank you for recognizing our staff we pride our self in making sure each guest stay is a memorable one. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were greeted by the valet guy, very pleasant, really sweet. (best experience of the whole stay)

This room was reserved under the government rate, and it was the most difficult check-in process I've ever had traveling using this rate. The front desk agent checked us in using both my debit card, American Express card, and Cash (mind you, she wouldn't take the cash from the other person in my party, because she wasn't a government employee, never knew cash had a name). But nonetheless, the representative quoted and incorrect dollar amount which prompted us to return to the front desk. This is where the fun began. I left the hotel, and the other guests stayed behind, little did I know that I would be returning shortly because their Agent screwed up. After it was all said and done, we had paid for this room 3 times all different methods. Additionally, after they continuously screwed up, not once were we ever issued and apology. I was told my the general manager, who did not offer an apology that she would talk to the front desk supervisor and it would be up to her whether or not she apologized. The customer service was the worse! I know they aren't a 4 star hotel, but they really could have done better than what they offered. They didn't bother to comp parking, a night, points or anything. It has been the worst experience ever, and I can assure you, they couldn't pay me to stay at this hotel ever again in life.

2  Thank Ariel F

I’m deeply sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at The Best Western plus St. Christopher Hotel. This is highly uncharacteristic of our staff, as we pride ourselves on being efficient and very helpful with all our guests. The experience you received is not acceptable and that’s not what we promote. However, I want to send out my deepest apology for your experience, I hope in the future if you travel to New Orleans you give us a second chance.