“Best hotel in New Orleans”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Best hotel in New Orleans”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed here on vacation June 16-19. Our stay was very pleasant. Everyone in the hotel was very nice and very welcoming. King was the first doorman we encountered very helpful. Very nice and treated us as if we had been friends for a long time. The hotel was very clean and a comfortable home away from home. The rooftop pool was very nice and was very clean. We had a small incident that was taken care of right away. Everyone was very helpful with that. The restaurant was very nice even though we showed up just a lil before closing time no one seemed to be upset about it. The next night we got room service and it was the same guy. Wright I believe was his name, very nice guy. Also treated us as if we were friends. Valet was very fast. Everyone we encountered in valet was very courteous. The last doorman we encountered as we were leaving was very nice and very helpful with loading up the bags. I can't remember everyones name. But everyone we came in contact with was very friendly and very helpful. As we were leaving everyone wished me a happy fathers day and also wished us a safe trip home. We will definitely be stayin in this hotel again. Awesome hotel, awesome people, friendly service. Just great hotel all around. Great location as well. Bourbon street is just a couple blocks. The aquarium was in walking distance. Which was great because we had the kids with us. It was the kids first time in New Orleans and they enjoyed every bit of it. Even they enjoyed how friendly everyone at the hotel was.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed here for a bachelorette party and it was great. We had drinks on the rooftop pool to start off the night and they even brought us room service up there. The rooms are spacious. My luggage was damaged while waiting to be checked in but they politely reimbursed me which I'm grateful for. Very close to Bourbon steet and near the French Quarter tourist areas. Parking is very pricey.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights. We chose this hotel because it had a fridge and microwave in the room, very important when travelling with a toddler. The room was quite spacious and clean and the bed quite comfortable. We had an inside room so the view out the window was almost straight into the opposite room, but that didn't bother us. We did use the pool, even though it was rather small. The elevators were fast but swiping the access cards to gain access to the room floors was very annoying since the swipe wouldn't work 1/2 the time. The location was great, just a couple of blocks from the French Quarter and felt safe walking at night. No complaints about the speed of the wifi. The breakfast was quite good with lots of variety and the wait staff at the restaurant were very friendly and attentive. The reception staff, on the other hand, were not the most friendly although all of our requests were dealt with adequately except for one: they missed our 3:30am wakeup call on our last morning when we were catching a 6am flight and when this was pointed out, not much of an apology was given. Thankfully we set our own alarm. Overall though, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Their complimentary High Speed Internet-No Charge service gave my personal computer a tracking virus. The complimentary HBO TV service was off-line most of the time. There was a daily charge of $3 to use the room safe. They offered front desk call down service so your valet parked car would be waiting on you, which didn't happen most of the time. And the parking attendants offered a lower rate from $26 per day to the lower rate of $17 per day for guest that had a extended stay. Which did not happen. Would not ever stay their again. Far too many other Hotels that would love to have my repeat business.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Bixby, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The staff was not friendly at all. They weren't rude, but they didn't act as if they appreciated your business. I didn't get the room I reserved, and the room was outdated and stoic. Towels were old and thin. The breakfast was not as good as other HGI's I have stayed at, and I am on the road 100 nights a year. The location is good, and that is the best part of the hotel. I won't stay here again as it was not up to the typical standards of a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Carla_Toennissen, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. Comments from our guests enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travelers. Your willingness to share your comments and recommendations is greatly appreciated as well as our highest of priorities.
Whiting Indiana
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Just got back from NOLA stayed at this hotel which was OK, location is not bad, exercise room was clean and ok but the pool that looked nice from photos was so small it was a joke, I thought I would swim daily because it is so hot but that was not an option.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I just got back from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I was with 2 other business colleagues and we all stayed here. I stay at this hotel from time to time for work as I travel often and stick with the Hilton family hotels. I also like the doubletree downtown and either of the hampton inns in the french quarter/convention center. I enjoy this hotel bc of the central location. It is only about two blocks from canal and the french quarter. it is great for trips on bourbon street.
On this most recent stay, I had a good experience and all of my needs where met. This stay i was really impressed with the service I recieved from the hotel staff. Upon arrival, I valet'd my car but had lots of luggage due to work equipment for a convention. One of the valet's took half of my stuff to check in and then to my room with me. It was very helpful. Later on my stay, I was waiting in the lobby for a friend and sparked up a great conversation with a hotel employee named King. King overheard me speaking of a steakhouse we were going to that night. King pulled out his Iphone and showed me the best way to get there, then offered some advice on other good dining options. We also had a great conversation on some of the great chef's in the area. I very much enjoyed the conversation. He was truly knowledgable of the area and great dining. Another instance of great service was on my last night I lost my valet ticket and called the front desk for assistance as I had to leave early in the morning. It was about 2:00 am on a sat night. The hotel actually didn't have a charge for valet for me so the front desk called valet and they were able to quickly find my car and ticket number. They also arranged to have a bellman at my room to help me with my luggage in the AM. King showed up the next morning with the luggage cart. Valet had my car in minutes.
The rest of the good...
good sized rooms
great location
maid service was good/daily and didn't bother me early in the morning to clean room.
free breakfest for being a hilton diamond member

Some of the bad.
My AC made a repetitive clicking sound, I didn't call about it however.
Valet is expensive ($29 a night), parking anywhere in the area isdifficult and also comparably expensive. all the hotels are expensive in new orleans so you don't have a choice but it still sucks to pay that much.
smoking rooms, make sure you request a non smoking room!
the restaurant serves breakfest but doesn't provide room service in the AM.

bottom line. you will find the standard amenities you will need for a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
MMAC2010, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, 19 May 2011
What a lovely recap of your visit. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was indeed our pleasure to serve you. On behalf of the team, we appreciate your generous and gracious comments and hope to see you back in the near future. Kind regards, Marlene Macaluso, General Manager