“Great place to stay: walking to French Quarter, staff is awesome”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Virginia
“Great place to stay: walking to French Quarter, staff is awesome”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed for business/pleasure. We chose a suite with was roomy and had excellent views. The important things:

Bed was comfortable (although I don't think the adjustments on those Garden Inn beds work). The room was clean and the layout was great. Internet was free, fast & easy. The location is really nice: a straight shot to Bourbon St and just a few blocks to the French Quarter. The rooms had Kourig coffee systems, which is really nice.

The strength is the staff: they were outstanding. They were always helpful & friendly. In fact, we had planned to check out early and stay closer to the airport the last night, but decided to stay because the room and staff were so nice.

If you drive there, we found it hard to spot - look for the Garden Inn flags. Parking was in the mid/high $20's/day, about what you might expect downtown. Valet was fast & easy.

The lobby is on the 11th floor - weird, but it worked fine.

We never tried the breakfast. No free breakfast of any kind (it's a Garden Inn thing).

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to be near the action in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall with a great view and little noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Yay! What a great compliment and thank you so much for acknowledging our team members at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. This is what we live for and we appreciate you letting us know.

We hope you get back to New Orleans again soon!
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
henderson, nv
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a 2-night stopover in NOLA on the way to somewhere else. The lobby is on the 11th floor, and the elevators are SLOW. Not the hotel’s fault, likely more of an old building issues, but still... There was a BCS Bowl game playing that night, and the lobby was backed up and crazy busy. The front desk staff did a very good job of processing everyone as quickly as possible. After a 15 minute wait, a room was assigned to us and we were able to check in. Unfortunately, it was not the room I had requested, but the front desk staff immediately moved us to our preferred room as soon as I called.

Our room location was near the elevator, and we had noise most of the night. Suggest requesting a room AWAY from the elevators and housekeeping rooms. The room was clean, well appointed and very comfortable.

The hotel is located a short walk from Bourban Street, so it’s quite easy to make the walk either to or from. The bellman was extremely helpful and arranged a city tour for us during our stay.

Overall, good experience and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request room AWAY from elevators and housekeeping rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our efficient guest service team including our wonderful bellmen that are a wealth of information! Our good location is always a plus as we are within easy walking distance of so much of what New Orleans has to offer.

Thanks again,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is a good value. Great location. Clean. Coffee and pink lemonade was provided in the hotel lobby every day. A few drawbacks we experienced was noise in the hallways -- our room was across the hall from the hotel staff/housekeeping closet and the staff was very loud at all times of the day and night. The heater in the room was also very noisy and annoying. Finally, one of the treadmills in the gym was not working when we were there, which was unfortunate, considering there were only two treadmills in the fitness center. With all that said, it was a good value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking a moment to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by our team members and this is certainly something I can address with our team so I appreciate you letting me know. It is good to hear that you found our hotel a value with clean rooms and a great location.

Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

You can't ask for a much better location to be near the French Quarter without being in the French Quarter. Just don't let them put you in a room near the elevator, which is loud and easily heard at all hours. As for the hotel it's a Hilton so of course the quality is well done.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for taking the time to recognize our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the disturbance of the elevator. I know it can be inconvenient but we are always happy to assist in relocating you to another room so please let us know.

We hope you'll visit us again,
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 January 2014

First time staying at a Hilton property in NOLA, usually a Marriott guy when I stay down there. From the moment I pulled in, the valet staff was right there, my name was on the list of arrivals. my truck was handled proffesionally by the valet staff. Then I was greeted by Keith who helped me unload my luggage then escort me to the lobby, where he waited until I checked in, Laticia (I hope I spelled it correctly) greeted me with a warm, welcoming smile and had my keys and complimentary breakfast tickets all ready and checked me in quickly and gave me a great description on what to expect while I was there for my stay. Keith then escorted me to my room. dropped off my luggage and wished me a good day, reminding me if I needed anything to let him know. My room was awesome, with a view of the city, Breakfast was great, Omelettes made to order as well quite an array of choices, fruits, yogurts, coffees etc. The breakfast staff was so polite and inviting. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience here! I spent New Years in NOLA and when I go back, this place will definately be on my list.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe L
WOW! This is a dream come true for our team that loves making our guests happy when they stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. We thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great job our team members did.

Hurry back!
Kansas City Metro, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nothing fancy but if a Hilton Honors member a solid choice when visiting NOLA. Was able to easily walk most places; Bourbon Street, River, Stadiums and NORTA system was easily accessible if going farther than walking allows.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fabulous! We love our Hilton Honors members here at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter and we are so proud that you enjoyed our hotel.

Here's hoping you're back in New Orleans shortly!

Nashville, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We we spending a night in New Orleans before heading out of the port on a cruise. This hotel is nice and close to New Orleans best assets. Walking distance to the Quarter and the best restaurants. Close to the port for sailings. The rooms are spacious and the restaurant is convenient although small in the lobby. The parking is expensive but cheaper than other places in the city and not run by the hotel. We would stay again when in New Orleans for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Jared B
Thanks for letting us know you had such a great visit at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter, even though it was a short one. Hope you had a wonderful cruise and that next time you will have the chance to stay a bit longer.