All reviewsmarie laveaufrench quarterno elevatorprivate balconyceiling fanhardwood floorsthird floormain buildingno windowfew blockscouple blocksnice courtyardperfect locationcomfortable bedhigh ceilingscoffee makerhot water
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Inn looks very recently renovated. The room was very upscale. Large and surprisingly quiet (I was assigned one on the street) Very charming buildings and courtyards on a quiet street just 2 blocks from Bourbon. A much better option than a standard hotel. My only complaint is that I was assigned a room in the very lovely but across the street Marie Laveux House. A lovely room , but an unwanted and unexpected surprise while traveling. The wifi happened to be down while I was there too. Overall, I recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and not only would return to the Inn on St Ann again upon your next visit to New Orleans, but also would recommend us to others! That is truly the highest compliment we could receive! We apologize if you were caught off guard by your room being located in our lovely, and also newly renovated, Marie Laveau House across the street from the main Inn on St Ann building. However we are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and location of our property in the heart of the residential section of the French Quarter. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had to schedule a last minute trip to NOLA, and knew I needed a quiet place to recharge between meetings. The Inn on St. Ann totally fit the bill. I arrived late for check-in, and did need to wait to have the night manager walk over from the St. Peter's property. The streets are pretty safe in this part of the Quarter, so I wasn't worried. Duane was very welcoming, and checked me in very quickly. He told me about their breakfast - just coffee and fruit, and reminded me about how close the Clover Grill is for a tasty greasy spoon breakfast (two blocks, maybe? a quick, tasty, cheap eggs and toast brekkie is a quick walk away).

My queen room was across the street at the Marie Levau property. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathroom, while small was stocked with lovely Aveda products and more towels than I could ever use. Check in the little drawer in the sink cabinet for the hair dryer. I felt completely safe, and the room was nice and quiet. It is possible that I just didn't have a neighbor, but I was happy. The A/C ran pretty quietly, and I didn't even need the ear plugs I always travel with. Did I mention the beautiful exposed brick in my room and the adorable courtyard with a fountain and tables and chairs for relaxing drinks and quiet reading time?

The back end of the Quarter is my favorite. Lafittes is just around the corner, and the Clover Grill served my scrambled egg needs. I love walking through this historic quarter, and staying at the Inn on St. Ann allowed me to feel a real part of the history. It's not a full service hotel, but I don't really need all that attention. I was happy for a coffee maker, a hair dryer, a comfortable bed, and some friendly faces. This is probably my new go to spot in NOLA.

Room Tip: The rooms across the street (Marie Leveau Apartments) in the back building are probably the quietest. Based on some other reviews, you might want to call and make sure you have a room with a window.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DoroMack

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Inn on St Ann with us and others on TripAdvisor! We are so pleased to hear everything was to your liking and we were able to ensure your stay was nothing short of excellent! It sounds like our prime location in the residential section of the French Quarter was exactly what you were looking for! As you mentioned possibly returning to the Inn on St Ann upon your next trip to New Orleans, we suggest you check out our three other French Quarter Guest Houses properties, as they are all located in the quieter residential section of the quarter and boast the same great private courtyards! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went to New Orleans for 4 days. We had excellent vacation, the place is very feasible for everything. You do not need a car. The place is so clean and cosy, and also the staff is.

Definitely will go again. Appreciate everything.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank erenbeskardes

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn on St Ann! We agree that it is not necessary to have a vehicle when staying at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties, as our prime location puts you within walking distance of all the must-see's of the city! However, should you require parking, we do offer a private gated lot at our sister property, the Lamothe House, that all of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties guests are welcome to use. We are thrilled to hear you will be returning to the Inn on St Ann upon your next visit to New Orleans and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a small inn property in a preserved old building. We were in the Marie Levau property across the street. You are one block off Rampart and Louis Armstrong Park ( don't go there).
Bourbon street is up St Ann about 5 small blocks, and then another 4 blocks or so and you are on Jackson Square. It is close enough to walk everywhere, but far enough from Bourbon Street to avoid the noise..and the smell!

Room Tip: There are only small windows in the door..and there was no coffee maker
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knightl54

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our great location, as this is the number one selling feature for all of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties! We are in the process of ordering new coffee machines for all of our guest rooms and will have them in there shortly. In the mean time, we continue to offer Community Coffee (a New Orleans local favorite) in our lobby, along with fresh fruit. We appreciate your feedback and hope you think of the Inn on St Ann upon your next visit to New Orleans!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were in NoLA for the Jazz Fest and traveled with friends who stayed in the hotel and we stayed across the street in the sister property Marie Laveau's Apts. We did like the stay but there are quirks. The day time staffing is friendly and efficient, the night time shift is- there. Our friends did not have a door that locked because of the age of the building and the wonkiness of the structure. The staff did work to secure their room. Our apt was cute but the stairs are steep! When you go just remember that these buildings are historic. It is not meant to be new and shiny, but a quick (free) walk to Bourbon St and the French Quarter. Their balcony seating was great and it was fun to people watch. The neighborhood was friendly and did not treat us like tourists. (they know where their bread is buttered) The courtyard is perfect to read in! It is in the Rainbow district just fyi.

Room Tip: If you cannot climb stairs make sure that you ask for a ground room floor. Be specific when asking about windows, you may not have one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple