“Small but classy and affordable”
Review of Inn on St Ann

and 1 more site!
Inn on St Ann
Ranked #34 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was a little surprised to see how small my queen bed room was--the room was barely larger than the bed and a side table. But I knew that I was only going to be sleeping there and gone all day, so I didn't mind. Besides, this hotel was half of the convention hotel where my event was held. The room was extremely clean with high-quality linens and towels. The bed was extremely comfortable with ample pillows. The bathroom had marble floors and high-end furnishings. Two small complaints--the sink didn't drain well, and the air conditioning remote didn't work. Luckily, the unit was on and that combined with the ceiling fan kept the room cool enough in the humid August weather of New Orleans. I stayed in the Marie Laveau apartments across the street from the Inn. This is a very old and historic building, so be aware that some aspects of the building may seem sub-par. The doors look original, but that means they are not really soundproofed. My room looked out on the courtyard, and I was awakened by other guests at about 2am. I could hear the noise through my earplugs, so they were unusually loud!! When I first arrived, I didn't get in until after midnight. Luckily, other guests were walking into the main part of the Inn as I would have needed a key. I walked to the back of the small lobby and called the night manager who was off-location. Fortunately, the manager arrived very, very quickly--I was exhausted, but I got into my room within minutes As a single female, I was a little leery of walking in this neighborhood, so I took taxis to my convention events.

Room Tip: I would speak directly to the hotel staff when booking a room as the rooms are quite varied.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Inn on St Ann. We are pleased to hear you found our price point to be so fair and our staff to be so efficient. You are correct in mentioning that the size of the guestrooms do vary and we always suggest booking directly through the hotel so we can help you pick the room that best suits your needs. We apologize for the AC remote not working during your stay, and will make sure to address the issue to ensure it does not happen again. However, we are thrilled that you found your bed to be so comfortable, with high quality linens, and guestroom to be so clean. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just returned from participating in the Red Dress Run in New Orleans. I'm so glad we decided to stay at the Inn on St. Ann. The staff was unbelievably friendly! They called me Friday morning to tell me that they had a problem with my room and my options were for a room. I had originally booked a room with 2 double beds; and they told me they could get me in two rooms with a double bed (or one bed) in each or they could move me to a suite at another location. Since I had a change in plans and there were only going to be 2 of us (rather than the original 4 we at first anticipated) I told her all I needed was one room. She had a room with a king bed in it and gave me a discount on the room. It worked out great! The location was also perfect! The run started and ended at Armstrong park which was less than half a block away from our hotel. Loved it! It was also convenient because it was so close to Bourbon - if we needed to go back to the room for anything throughout the day - it was very easy. This hotel was close to everything we wanted to do - and that made it worth every penny! One more plus (at least in my book) is the historical nature of the hotel. I'm already prepared to make my reservation for next's year's RDR!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

It sounds like the Inn on St Ann was exactly what you were looking for in regards to accommodations over the Red Dress Run weekend! We appreciate your kind words about our "unbelievably friendly," staff as customer service is our number one priority! We look forward to having you back again for next year's Red Dress Run!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A good online deal was what brought us here. We stayed two nights for a nice little getaway. The overall room was nice, I didnt like the fact that the room was close to the main entrance and that you can hear just about everything that was going on outside the room, as well im sure they could hear what was going inside as well if we were loud enough. When we first arrived the guy at the front desk didnt look very friendly and seemed annoyed that guests have arrived. After the first day we never saw him again and the rest of the staff was great. Our room didn't have any windows, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. I think the room used to be part of the living room and then later divided to make separate rooms. There's also a patio but we didnt go out to look at it. It's located on the northern part of the French Quarter right by the entrance to Armstrong park. It's only a short walk to Bourbon St also, so if you plan to stay in the French Quarter the entire time, don't rent a car, just have a shuttle drop you off and pick you up. If you're travelling on a budget, its a good place to stay. It's not located in a noisy part, nor is it too far from everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yogiybubu

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Inn on St Ann with us. We are pleased to hear you found our price point to be so fair, our staff to be so great (minus your initial check-in experience), as well as our prime location to be exactly what you were looking for! We appreciate your candid feedback and hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties for your next getaway in New Orleans!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Marie Laveau Apartments at the end of May this year. We loved it. Let me start off by saying that we travel to NOLA a minimum of once per year, so we know the lay of the land and how things work there. I did my homework on location, prices & parking before I went. We booked the "One Bedroom Queen Suite" via the Inn on Saint Ann website which had a variety of reasonable rates. We almost always stay at the same B&B which was booked up, so the Inn on Saint Ann was my next best choice and located in the part of the Quarter that I like. The apartments are located directly across the street from the Inn on Saint Ann. There are 2 buildings that are part of the apartments. Room #45 is an upstairs room. The staircase is narrow and a little steep, so if you have young children or trouble climbing stairs, this would not be the place for you. Once you get to the top of the stairs, the apartment is fabulous. It has a large living room with a full sized couch & pull out sleeper, an extra chair & a nice sized flat screen TV with cable. It has vaulted ceilings, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a remote controlled window unit & a ceiling fan. The bedroom is separate, has a wardrobe, nightstands & a chest of drawers. There is also a flat screen TV in the bedroom. The ceilings are a low & are slanted which makes it a little hard to get around if you are tall. There is also a remote controlled window unit in the bedroom. The bathroom is huge. It has marble floors, a separate stand up marble shower, a nice big tub, and a huge vanity. The bed was comfortable and the entire apartment was quiet. The apartment was also well kept and very clean. Housekeeping does a great job. We would stay here again.

Now, if you drive to New Orleans or have a rental car, be aware that the closest parking lot is 5 blocks down at North Rampart & St. Louis. Parking is about $30 a day, which is standard for New Orleans.

My only improvements for this place would be to put a trash can in the bedroom or the living room, and to add some extra lighting in the bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarrinaJolene
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you so much for the kind remarks regarding your stay in one of our Marie Laveau Suites! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time in New Orleans as well as the Inn on St Ann. It sounds like we hit all the right points from your clean and spacious suite to our prime location in the residential section of the French Quarter. As you indicated that you would stay with us again, this is the truly highest form of compliment that we could receive, as our goal is to turn a one-time guest into an every-time guest! We look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Booked this place on booking.com late on as it seemed pretty good value and the location seemed good on a map - when I arrived I was bit skeptical of the street and once inside we were told we were staying across the road at the Marie Laveau apartments, I was initially put off by this as I wasn't told at the time of booking and it looked a bit shady from the outside. Turned out I was totally wrong - the room was great, on a nice little courtyard. Both the room and the bathroom were immaculately clean. You had to use a pass card to gain entry into the courtyard so the security wasn't a problem.

The location was 2 blocks from Bourbon Street (although it was the far end of Bourbon street a few blocks from the main action) and Duane - the guy who greeted us, recommended some great local places including a little dinner 2 blocks away whose name escapes me.

Overall I'd highly recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen T
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn on St Ann! We apologize if your room being located in the Marie Laveau Annex threw you off at check-in, however we are glad to hear that you found both your guestroom and the building itself to be so lovely! We appreciate the kind remarks and look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I just got back from our weekend in New Orleans. We have both been there several times and generally always stay in the French Quarter. We stayed at the Inn on St. Ann this time. It was a nice place but did have some minor issues. We arrived on Friday and we were greeted by Duane who was quite helpful and informative. He even told us where he thought the best parking was (5 blocks away). This was problem number 1, (we knew this ahead of time) there is no on site parking and the one 5 blocks away is $17.00/night (cash only). Once we got checked in we then went to our room, on the third floor, this in itself is not normally a problem but there is no elevator in the Inn, so we carried our luggage up the narrow steep stairs. The room itself was nice, small but nice. It was just a king size bed, two night stands and the bathroom. Really though what more do you need. Would I have liked bigger yeah but did I need bigger no. I wish they had provided a luggage stand though. The room was clean and comfortable though. My third complaint was that the rooms walls are a bit thin, I will leave it at that. You are 2 blocks off of Bourbon, so overall the Inn is quiet. If you want a place to knock you socks off then don't stay here. If you want an old New Orleans house that has been converted, then this is a good place. I liked it and I will probably stay again or at a sister property next time I am back in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott34675
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would consider returning upon your next visit to Nola! Unfortunately, as you mentioned, parking is at a minimum in the French Quarter and public parking does come at an additional cost. However, we do offer private gated parking at our sister property, the Lamothe House at a rate of $20 per day. We also provide pedi-cab transportation from the parking lot to the hotel at check-in and from the hotel to the parking lot at check-out. Our agents are happy to arrange that for you at check-in and we are sorry that option was not presented to you.

We truly appreciated your comments and look forward to the opportunity of having you back at any of our French Quarter Guest House properties! We know your stay will be nothing short of excellent!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

To me this was better than staying at a chain hotel. It truly made me feel like I was in the French Quarters and had a nice exterior appearance and upscale interior experience. The staff was very nice and accommodating whenever we had a request. I loved the little courtyard and my husband enjoyed unwinding out there prior to going back to the room. Cute tables and chairs so you could easily pick up food to go and picnic here.

The only thing I would advise is that you have to call if you are checking in later as there are three different properties and only the Inn on St. Peters has an all night staff. We called when we were 15 minutes away in the taxi and someone was there to greet us when we arrived so it was fine but definitely something I wish they made you aware of when booking. The price beat the surrounding properties and was far enough from Bourbon St. for peace and quiet. I would most certainly stay again if I returned.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda L

We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Inn on St Ann and that you will be returning upon your next visit to Nola! We strive to turn first-time guests into repeat guests and consider this to be the highest form of compliment!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our previous lack of an overnight agent at St Ann. We are currently in the process of hiring an overnight agent for the Inn on St Ann and should have one in place in the next few days! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!