“French Quarter Close”

and 1 more site!
Inn on St Ann
Ranked #37 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My daughter surprised me with an overnight stay and fun time in New Orleans in April 2014. What a wonderful place! It is next to the Louis Armstrong venue, within walking distance of Acme Oyster Bar, and Preservation Hall as well as all other French Quarter attractions. We loved our period style room with two doubles and had a large, large clean bathroom. Clean, well appointed, and very comfortable. We felt safe and secure in addition to having all the amenities in addition to comfy beds. Our one complaint would the noise level as the walls in the annex are thin and we could hear others in the inn stomping on the steps and talking. I would stay on the top floor by the courtyard to avoid street noise next time also. We were in #46

Room Tip: Parking is an issue. The Inn's lot is about 5 blocks away and does not have security. Scout out...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TripMomof7
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

We are so pleased to hear that your daughter's surprise trip for you to New Orleans was such a success! Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our great location as well as our clean and comfortable guest rooms. As you noted, parking in the French Quarter can be an issue and we offer gated parking at our sister property, the Lamothe House, for $20 per day. Access to the lot includes an electronic gate opener as well as come-and-go privileges, which are not typical of most lots in the French Quarter. Thank you again for your great feedback and we hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My best friend and I spent a long weekend in the French Quarter to celebrate our birthdays. The staff at the Inn on St Ann were wonderful- friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We were allowed to check in a little early which was great and the room was beautiful. The location was also great. We were close enough to walk everywhere easily but far enough away from Bourbon St so that we didn't have to deal with all the noise. I was very happy with the hotel. The only thing we wished was different was that it needs a mini fridge in the room. We stayed in the building across from the main building and we must have walked across the street at least 5 times to ask for ice which we had to put in garbage pails to keep our drinks cold.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin B
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at the Inn on St. Ann! My cousin and I stayed there for four nights in room 46 in the Marie Laveau annex the last weekend in March and it was really great. Our room was on the bottom floor with two full beds. The bathroom was very clean and much larger than I expected. The shower was very nice and the water was always hot. The beds were very comfortable, and the room included an air conditioner, ceiling fan, television, coffee maker, and plenty of storage space for our clothes and other things. It was very easy to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. This hotel is within close walking distance to lots of attractions and restaurants but it's far enough away to be in a very quiet part of town. The room wasn't very large, but to be honest I didn't go on vacation to hang out in my hotel room! The staff there were all very helpful and friendly. The price was really great and I would definitely stay here again on a return trip!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Marie Laveau annex are easier to get to and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ieatpigs
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We loved our room at the Inn at St Ann we stayed in room 41 and were very satisfied. The best was almost as nice as ours at home but it was very comfortable. Duwayne at the front desk was so helpful. The only complaint is the bathroom is so tiny and there was not anywhere to put my makeup bag and my husband's shaving kit.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Claudia E
Marianne P, Public Relations Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Inn on St Ann with us! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in room 41 and found your bed to be so comfortable. We are also thrilled to hear that Dwayne was so helpful during your visit. We hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I booked this hotel because it was a great price for the location. It is located far enough away from a lot of the party bars that you wouldn't be kept awake but within walking distance of everything in the Quarter. Based on the photos and the fact that the Inn is historical I knew the rooms were going to be smaller. There wasn't a lot of space on the bathroom counter for example and the walls are pretty thin. The rooms were perfect size for those looking for a nice, quiet, clean and comfortable space to crash in after a day of touring or drinking in the city.
The hotel made up for the smaller rooms by having nice perks like free Wifi, water bottles, coffee tea and fruit in the lobby. The bed was super comfortable and had a ton of pillows which I loved. The staff was always helpful and very cheerful! I plan to make return visits to New Orleans and will definitely be staying here again!
One warning is that there are 3 floors of rooms and the stairs can be a little steep so if you are older or pack a heavy suitcase you may try for the lower room floors!

Room Tip: There are 3 floors of rooms and the stairs can be a little steep so if you are older or pack a heavy...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim A
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the Inn on St Ann overnight on a trip to Texas. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the room was charming, well-appointed and really reflect the historical character of New Orleans. The location also was very convenient for going out in the French Quarter, without being right in the middle of the craziness. I plan to stay there again with my wife and some friends when I go back in April

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here from Monday, March 17, to Friday, March 21, and had the BEST experience. I was visiting friends, but needed a quiet place to stay for the majority of my trip, and couldn't have found a better place. The staff at the front desk were some of the nicest, most courteous, and professional people that I have ever worked with. The location of the hotel is IDEAL, as it is far enough away from the craziness of Bourbon Street, but close enough to the rest of the wonderful locations in the French Quarter.

My room was on the third floor, and although I requested a room with a window view, I quickly changed my mind when I saw how amazing my room was. The bed was huge, the wooden floors were beautiful, and the bathroom was immaculate. I loved that there was a ceiling fan in the room as well! I also appreciated the Keurig coffee machine (although I did not use it), the two bottles of COMPLIMENTARY water (unheard of here in New York City), as well as the fresh fruit that they offered in the lobby.

My ONE and only complaint about my stay at the hotel was how paper thin the walls were. The people in the room next to mine were a bit intimately "loud" one of the evenings that I was there, but other than that, the visit was spectacular. Overall, I had one of the best hotel experiences at this hotel. I will definitely be returning to Inn on St. Ann the next time that I am in New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo