“Manners Manner & Manners Matter!”
Review of Riverside Spa

Riverside Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
New Orleans
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Manners Manner & Manners Matter!”
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Dear Reader,
What you are about to read is accurate, unbiased and truly revealing about how manners really do count when receiving any salon or spa service. I myself am a professional therapist and so I love being pampered because of the work I do so I thought I would book a pedicure and try and relax. The woman who worked with me prided herself on being highly skilled and trained in all nail services so I asked her if she could do a pink and white for me after the pedicure because I dearly needed a fill. She stated that since the Asian owner "saw" me come in first that she could now work with me even though I told her I had tried to get in to see the owner but that the owner canceled me the day before because of a Bridal group and I no longer fit into her schedule. Her employee insisted even though she had skills with pink and white she could not take away the other woman's customer even though I had never seen the owner before for a real appointment. I then received the very worst pedicure of my life. I have issues with in grown nails that are very very painful and she skipped that part and skipped the massage part but she chatted and chatted about her experiences as a top manicurist and that in New Orleans their salon charges $40 for a pedicure because they had certain standards. I believe with all my heart that they are in this simply to lure tourists into their salon that don't know where else to go, She then shaped my toe nails into ovals not square which I think would have been prettier; and then slapped some ugly color on my nails since they did not carry any of the more expensive or popular nail polish colors. They are very limited with nail polish colors here and a lot of what was on the shelf was something geared towards very conservative people and not anyone who wants something fun like Waltz by Essie or
Wicked by OPI or even a simple shade of true red or black! I left and tipped her because I am kind by nature but when I left there and looked at my toes in the sunlight I realized I should get a polish change asap! I marched up to Kathy's nails on Magazine Street and asked for a simple polish change but thank God they talked me into another pedicure because the assistant saw dead skin and dirt left on my toe nails by the other nail technician at Riverside Spa. I can't believe I had spent $50.00 to soak my feet, not have the nails properly shaped or cleaned deeply and I have to buy another pedicure. I went back to Riverside Spa a few weeks later for a pink and white with the owner and when I found out the other technician was scheduled for my pedicure I put my foot down and told the owner why I would prefer not to be scheduled with her again. Instead of a sincere apology this rude woman who had given me that horrible pedicure excused herself by calling me a racist and a filthy person. I got my mediocre pink and white for the same steep price and left without ever returning. In my personal opinion I was owed an apology by the owner of this salon but she never apologized or even offered a discount on a future pedicure. I was not looking for free service but based on these bad experiences I am very surprised they continue to stay open.

Hoa C, Manager at Riverside Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2015
Riverside Day Spa & Nails has been under new ownership and management since this review was posted.

Kenner, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Glorified nail salon”
Reviewed 16 November 2008

It is a glorified asian owned nail salon. The website is very deceiving. There is nothing "spa like" about this place. The lady was very rude when we walked in. The room for massages is an empty room upstairs with nothing in it but some music playing. Downstairs is decorated with fake flowers on the wall and cluttered with junk everywhere. My manicure was pathetic. She didnt even file my nails. The manicurist even answered the phone 3 times during my service. The prices are the only thing I would compare to a real spa.

3 Thank Kris R