I would absolutely give the French Quarter Suites Hotel five stars as it met and exceeded our expectations for what we were looking for. To be clear, I traveled to New Orleans with a large group (15) for Jazz Fest. We needed a large apartment (rented one of their townhouses) that was in an accessible area. We didn't want anything fancy, just a place to rest our heads in between shows and the festival. The townhouse was exactly what we were looking for. They are old buildings, so nothing is brand new, but that was perfect for our needs. It is walking distance from everything in the French Quarter and on Frenchman, on a main road with easy access to taxis, on the bus route that goes straight to Jazz Fest and also just far enough that you don't have loud bars right outside your place.
We were also really impressed that we were allowed access to the hotel amenities, even though we were just staying in a townhouse. We had access to both pools, which was great for the hot afternoons. There was often a large, young crowd playing music and hanging out there, which was fun. The front desk was able to let us into the townhouse if one of us forgot keys (at all hours), which happened several times. But the biggest thing that wowed us all was the big crawfish broil they held on Saturday night at the pool. There was unlimited crawfish, corn, homemade fried chicken, and beer that was all completely out of this world. And it was ENTIRELY FREE (well, 'included,' but still). The servers wouldn't even take tips. To me, that was a really nice gesture to bring all their guests together for a gathering and some hospitality.
So to reiterate, I would absolutely recommend this property to people who are looking for basic rooms/townhouses that are walking distance from the Quarter. If you are used to the Ritz, this is not your place, but it was great for everything we needed as a large group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the old New Orleans charms of poolside guest rooms to our spacious 1 bedroom suites with full kitchen, 2 bedroom suites with a dry bar, multi-bedroom townhouses and charming cottages. Explore our family of French Quarter Properties and discover why our guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your French Quarter Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- French Quarter New Orleans