“Five Star Accommodations for large party groups”

French Quarter Suites Hotel
Ranked #102 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I would absolutely give the French Quarter Suites Hotel five stars as it met and exceeded our expectations for what we were looking for. To be clear, I traveled to New Orleans with a large group (15) for Jazz Fest. We needed a large apartment (rented one of their townhouses) that was in an accessible area. We didn't want anything fancy, just a place to rest our heads in between shows and the festival. The townhouse was exactly what we were looking for. They are old buildings, so nothing is brand new, but that was perfect for our needs. It is walking distance from everything in the French Quarter and on Frenchman, on a main road with easy access to taxis, on the bus route that goes straight to Jazz Fest and also just far enough that you don't have loud bars right outside your place.

We were also really impressed that we were allowed access to the hotel amenities, even though we were just staying in a townhouse. We had access to both pools, which was great for the hot afternoons. There was often a large, young crowd playing music and hanging out there, which was fun. The front desk was able to let us into the townhouse if one of us forgot keys (at all hours), which happened several times. But the biggest thing that wowed us all was the big crawfish broil they held on Saturday night at the pool. There was unlimited crawfish, corn, homemade fried chicken, and beer that was all completely out of this world. And it was ENTIRELY FREE (well, 'included,' but still). The servers wouldn't even take tips. To me, that was a really nice gesture to bring all their guests together for a gathering and some hospitality.

So to reiterate, I would absolutely recommend this property to people who are looking for basic rooms/townhouses that are walking distance from the Quarter. If you are used to the Ritz, this is not your place, but it was great for everything we needed as a large group.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ACarey439

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I would say that it's a 3 star place. It isn't perfect, for me the biggest negative was that I think the beds could be a little better. It might be that just because they are on hardwood floors that they feel like they kind of are subject to the mattress and box spring coming out of kilter a little. The pools are nice and the location is convenient. You feel like you are really living in New Orleans being there. I could smell a faint musty-like smell but nothing too bad. I wondered for a bit if they had water damage from Katrina but that was so long ago now and I think they just missed it being next to the French Quarter. The grounds are charming and very real. The big pool area is very pretty. The people are nice as I mentioned before and are very helpful. They have someone on staff 24/7. The breakfast is nothing big- a waffle maker you can use- they get credit for it actually working and not sticking. They had Sunny-Delight for orange juice- not a lot of choices for breakfast. There is a convenience store that it 24 hours next to it. The French Quarter action is a 5 minute walk away. Unfortunately people still smoke in NO and even though there is a NO SMOKING sign in the lobby it smelled like the guy who was in there had been sneaking puffs. And there were people smoking near one of the pools which I didn't like. I didn't have any problems with crime but i would be careful hear. You hear people reference the high crime rate a lot. But I did go to the Lower 9th Ward to see Fats Dominos house and i actually found his street kind of peaceful and I could see why he likes it there. I chose this place because my brother was renting one of their houses for his bachelor party. the house was nicer than I expected. All in all this place is nice. Not posh... but decent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cartman1968
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I'm on my way back from a fantastic weekend in New Orleans at the French Quarter Suites! I came with my partner and another couple - we split a one-bedroom suite and loved every second of it! The hotel is in an ideal location that allowed us to walk everywhere from Bourbon Street to Frenchmen to Marigny while feeling safe and sound. We had everything we needed and were welcomed and well taken care of at the hotel. I would recommend FQS for any New Orleans vacation, short or long!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unashamedlychelsea
Reviewed 17 March 2012

i just returned home from a 5 day vacation in the quarter with 3 other people, and this hotel was amazing. great location, incredibly clean, and ridiculously nice staff. Blake at the front desk was awesome. He recommended some fantastic restaurants and bars. in fact, he was so nice, that after check in, i told my friends that not only would i come back to stay here again in a heartbeat, but that i would also recommend this place to everyone i know. We had a wonderful experience and a fabulous vacation.

Room Tip: GAY FRIENDLY. <3 Stay in the 2 bedroom suite if you are going with friends. separate bedrooms, ye...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaci F
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived in New Orleans for the first time from Paris, France and were welcomed from the first moment. Our rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean, the breakfast was fresh and delicious, and the location of the hotel next to the French Quarter was perfect. The most impressive thing about the hotel was the caring service we received throughout our stay from the entire staff. Most of all we apprecisted the attentions of the manager, Roy Malone, who did every thing in his power to make our stay enjoyable. He suceeded admirably. We had a wonderful time thanks to his efforts and the courteous staff. We would return to this hotel everytime that we come to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Just let the manager know what you want and he will make every effort to give you a great room that...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Me and 7 other girls came here for Mardi gras From Friday until Wednesday. I have to say i was plesantly surprised with the hotel! Check in was some what confusing as they have to lobbys, I waited in line behind another checkin for 20 mins only to be told i needed to check in at the other side, annoying to say the least. But after that check in was a breeze! Both of our rooms were average as expected, nothing to write home about but they did the trick! Now the best parts of the hotel as the location and free breakfast! Hotel is located just outside of the french quarters but very accessible to everything! We never felt too far away to walk where ever we wanted!

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast heavy on breads light on Fruit, but the make it yourself waffles were delicous! We took advantage of this 3 times we were there...

Now the Bad parts of the trip... The people in NOLA are very hospitable and welcoming! Most of our hotel staff was as well, but we were there for 5 days and our housekeeper only brought towels and dumped them on our beds! No change of sheets, No trash removal, no toilet paper, Nothing... just fresh towels! I mean come on, the least you can do is take out the trash! By the end of our trip we had a corner piled with trash as some form of containing it! Went to the front desk and asked for toilet paper as it had not been refreshed for our entire trip, I was told to get it from the bathroom in the hallway! Not really what you expect to here from someone who is supposed to be serviceing you! So I made sure i took all of the extra rolls there since i knew it would be a while before we recieved anymore!

For the most part this hotel is acceptable to stay in for an event but I probably wouldn't choose it for a normal visit to NOLA as some of the other hotels are more affordable and offer much more servcie for the price. We paid $300 a night for this hotel only because of mardi gras, so if you will be staying during an event this is probably an affordable hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Absolutely loved my recent trip to NOLA! Booked the hotel online- great price- knew going in that it was an older venue with charm and locale on its side! Was not disappointed- actually loved the architecture, the stories(ghosts), the Staff, the Owner! So accommodating from the moment we arrived- I had booked the wrong size room- needed more beds, the owner graciously took care of this for a nominal charge- then upgraded us to a two room suite! Since there were three of us- walking to and from the local areas- ie Bourban Street, French Market, Street car pick ups, Parades, Royal Street, was quick and convenient, probably wouldn't have wanted to do so alone- but that's what friends are for!!!

The beds were awesome- so comfortable as were the pillows!! Slept great- and I usually don't in hotels! The bathroom needed more counter space- just pedestal sink and a shelf-needed more water pressure in shower too, but since we were quick to get ready and go have more fun- it was fine-and there were plenty of fresh, clean towels. . It looks like they are constantly improving the place- as new shutters were being installed the day we left- and much of it was freshly painted.

We loved the quaintness and southern hospitality offed at the French Quarter Hotel. If you want the Hilton- then pay up and stay at the Hilton. If you want to experience the French Quarter IN the French Quarter- then stay here - the people are so helpful, genuine, and kind- you will be glad you did- I KNOW - we will def stay here again!!

Room Tip: We were on the second level over looking the pool area- lovely! Close to main area where breakfast w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends