“Great Hotel, with Great Service!!!!”

French Quarter Suites Hotel
Ranked #100 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Duson
“Great Hotel, with Great Service!!!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

The suite was very clean, the front desk and housekeeping staff were professional and courteous. I stayed for my birthday weekend with some friends and they did everything they could to put us in rooms next to each other, even though it was a sold out weekend! I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanted to see New Orleans for the first time or if you frequent the city. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
california
Reviewed 8 January 2010

my daughter and i stayed here because we were traveling with a pet, if we hadn't had the dog with us we would have changed hotels.

it is a 3 block walk down to st. ann st, then another 5 blocks or so to the french quarter. that was not really the bad part of staying here, although walking back at night was scary.

the room was so cold that they brought in a space heater which did nothing to heat up the room, they also brought us 3 extra blankets that didn't help much either...we froze that night!

the worst part of the hotel was the dirty bathroom! it was horrible, stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank travelingquilter
tattoogirlgulfshores
Reviewed 7 November 2009

Our Staff from David's gallery in Gulf Shores took a trip to New Orleans for Halloween. We found that the French Quarter Suites to be the best value around! The Staff was awesome and Extremely helpful and knowlegable about New Orleans.. John and Blake, were especially great. The hotel was only a 5 minute walk from Bourban street. Would definetly stay here again! They even called us to tell us about some items we had left behind by mistake. Very nice!

• Stayed October 2009
KANSAS CITY
Reviewed 4 November 2009

This hotel was charming & aesthetically beautiful. The room was beautiful & quaint. We felt as though we were stepping back in time. The decor was beautiful, the room was clean & quiet. We had a private courtyard. Very convenient to the French Quarter. I couldn't believe the great rate we received. Staff was very knowledgable & helpful about the New Orleans area----where to go & what to see.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Anderson, IN
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Located at the edge of the French Quarter, the French Quarter Suites Hotel is perfect for traveling with a pet. Dusty was welcome and enjoyed watching people from her vantage point on the balcony! The suite was roomy and comfortable. Everything was there! Not that you will spend much time there with the French Quarter beckoning!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Deridder, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I have to say from the gated entrance, to the wonderful staff I would challenge anyone to find a better deal but I have looked and it does not exist. Any request I make, even things that they THOUGHT I needed were provided. If you wanted fancy mints on your pillow and silk pillow cases, go pay more. All that means is I will be able to get a room when I need it! They are friendly; they remember the repeat customer by name. I travel for medical appointments for my son and every employee from the housekeepers to the ground workers, the reception area, the managers, they are a blessing for those of us who travel with kids and live in the world where money is tight and has to be stretched as far as possible, I really believe they understand and feel my pain and do the best they can for me, and in today’s society that is rare.

The location is great and we walk all around, I have read where some were unhappy about the location. Well my 1year old daughter walked all around (with me) and made friends everywhere she went (even the dangerous tattoo parlor.

All I can say is I love this location, and they will be getting my repeat business for a very long time, help keep them in business by becoming a loyal member like me and my family!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank vazquezjd
texas
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I saw a review that described this place as "quaint." That's a perfect word for it. The room was spacious, it reminded me of a small apartment. It did smell a bit funny. The couch was sunken in at the middle and a bit grungy looking. We couldn't turn the AC lower than 72 or the coils would freeze. The room was constantly muggy. I slept without the blankets. We were told the hotel had WIFI, but none of could connect and we had two laptops amongst us. The view was pretty, it made us forget about the hotel flaws. It was right into the larger pool area. I think the part that made me dislike the hotel the most was the area. There were three of us, all female and we got a lot of unwanted attention on our way to the French Quarters. The walk is very quiet and empty. Some guy cussed at us for not telling him "hi" among a few other creepy experiences with disrespectful men. The ad says it's just steps from the Quarters, which is true. What they don't tell you, is that it's the dark steps, the most empty area of blocks before you get to the actual areas where there are crowds. I don't hate the place, I just wouldn't stay there again. The hotel I really wanted was offering the same price ($129.00) for two nights, parking included. Unfortunately, they were booked.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends