“Love this spa!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Serenity Spa
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The spa has a warm, inviting atmosphere and a great staff who not only give a great service, but go out of their way to provide clients with information about other things to see and do in this great city! The massage therapists are wonderful and the rooms are always clean and nice looking. I've had nothing but great experiences in this spa!

2  Thank LCB100289

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The facility is individually owned and operated, not run by the hotel. Although the hotel does provide them with clean sheets and towels (The stained or torn ones they can't use in the rooms).

The massage tables are NOT cleaned properly between each massage, the table warmers and the blankets were not washed ONCE the entire time I worked there (a little under 2 months). The hot towels are left damp in the towel caddy over night and reheated the next day, and nothing is cleaned properly with 15% bleach solution.

Many would be shocked to find strands of other people's hair stuck in the blanket and oily door knobs from therapists leaving the room without wiping their hands off. (And not bothering to clean them...ever) I quote my former manager "Therapists are not to bring their own massage lotion, its provided by the spa." Fantastic, how convienient... Until my last day of work, I picked up a bottle of massage lotion that had not been cleaned by the last therapist, and it was covered in slimy lotion, dead skin, and small hairs... I was done! Don't trust this spa!

4  Thank Japanchip
Reviewed 9 April 2013

While the massage therapist herself was lovely & very capable, unfortunately the spa was not of the quality I expected. The space is tiny; walking in the front door you practically trip over the manicure/pedicure stations. The waiting area has magazines a year out of date. The noise of the pedicure foot-bath echoes throughout the entire space. The therapy rooms have no privacy -- they open directly onto the waiting area & there's no changing rooms. When I arrived for my appointment there was no receptionst, the manicurist had to stop her treatment to give me the form to fill out.

I've recently had spa treatments in Kyoto, Las Vegas, and Toronto, and this place is completely out-classed. I would recommend it for a straight up basic massage, but don't go here expecting a relaxing "girls day of pampering".

1  Thank DCEllenH
Reviewed 20 August 2012

When I called to make my appointment, the woman who answered the phone was very friendly and nice.
When I got to the spa the receptionist Michelle was very rude and give me such a hard time and plenty of attitude. If I could have canceled everything I would have. The manager is very friendly and nice. The manicure/pedicure lady is very sweet and very friendly.
I cannot get over how rude Michelle was and when I tried asking her a question about the manager she gave me the wrong name. Spa is great but they need to get rid of Michelle and it will be a lot better for the customers walking into the salon.

2  Thank chan1986
Reviewed 17 July 2012

If I could have written this rating with a negative one I would have. A friend and I booked a facial at the Serentiy Spa located in the property. The receptionist double booked the reservation. I live one hour and a half away from the Spa. My appointment was for 1:45. Luckily, my husband came home at 1:00 and heard a message the Spa had left at 10:30 advising me of the problem.

I contacted the Spa after my husband had contacted me only to be treated in the MOST RUDE way I had ever been treated in my life. The receptionist is the same person I had originally booked the appointment with. She tried putting the blame on someone else and said "someone had done a duplicate booking" and that my friend and I could not receive treatment at the same time. When I asked for a manager, she said that would be her, only to find out when I personally went there that the manager/owner was off. An experience that was to be a relaxing one, turned out to be extremely upsetting. I did not receive treatment since we were pressed for time. If the receptionist had been kind admitting her fault perhaps I would have understood. Anyone makes a mistake. Her rudeness is uncalled for in any business but worse in that industry.

I decided to seek someone else while my friend got her service. A manager at the Check in area assisted me. She was extremely professional and very nice. She explained that they are not associated with the spa. Serenity Spa leases from them. She was very helpful, she called the owner at her house and that is when we discovered the manager/owner was not even there on that day.

3  Thank anacatana