“Pedi and mani from hell!”
Review of Serenity Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Serenity Spa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I went in and asked for a gel manicure and a pedicure. It was Thursday and was told the woman who did the gels would not be in until Friday, but I could get a shellac mani which was the same. I did not have sandals so I asked if they sold flip flops, which they did. I had two to choose from because that's all they had in my size. The lady told me that they were $14.99. The pedicure was ok, but when I was asked to stand up, the lady didn't pull the towel off my lap and it fell onto my wet toes, so they had to be repainted. Had my nails done and she rushed through it because another person was waiting -- she did not even soak my hands in water or give me a hand massage or even use lotion on my hands! She used shellac products and it did not dry instantly. Before I even left the place, my nails were smudged. When I went to pay, another lady, the manager, told me the flip flops were $49.99 - I told her there was no way I was paying $50 for plastic gold flip flops. She blamed the error on the other woman's accent. I paid $87.00 for services that need to be redone as soon as I get home.
During much of my service the manager was on the phone with an IT person complaining about computer issues. At one time, two men walked in and they had to wait at least 7 minutes before my pedicurist had to go into the back and tell the manager that people were in the lobby, however, the whole time, you could hear her in the back laughing and talking to others.

3  Thank Mary R

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Good massage and facial but one of the worst pedicures (and most painful) I have ever had. The pedicurest was not gentle and filed/trimmed my toes until they were sore/raw. It was the last thing I had done so I just tried to make the best of it. Also I didnt like that they automatically add a % onto the bill for tipping...would never go back here needless to say. Deron and Monica made the experience good.. The pedicurest made it a bad experience.

2  Thank Tressylou
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The receptionist was very friendly. I should have known better when I stopped in to make an appt. and no one was there and they could get me in immediately. The spa was cold and not very clean. I should have asked for the massage therapists license as I am pretty sure they pulled him off the street and asked him to give massages. It was the worst massage I have ever had.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The spa has a warm, inviting atmosphere and a great staff who not only give a great service, but go out of their way to provide clients with information about other things to see and do in this great city! The massage therapists are wonderful and the rooms are always clean and nice looking. I've had nothing but great experiences in this spa!

2  Thank LCB100289
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The facility is individually owned and operated, not run by the hotel. Although the hotel does provide them with clean sheets and towels (The stained or torn ones they can't use in the rooms).

The massage tables are NOT cleaned properly between each massage, the table warmers and the blankets were not washed ONCE the entire time I worked there (a little under 2 months). The hot towels are left damp in the towel caddy over night and reheated the next day, and nothing is cleaned properly with 15% bleach solution.

Many would be shocked to find strands of other people's hair stuck in the blanket and oily door knobs from therapists leaving the room without wiping their hands off. (And not bothering to clean them...ever) I quote my former manager "Therapists are not to bring their own massage lotion, its provided by the spa." Fantastic, how convienient... Until my last day of work, I picked up a bottle of massage lotion that had not been cleaned by the last therapist, and it was covered in slimy lotion, dead skin, and small hairs... I was done! Don't trust this spa!

4  Thank Japanchip