House of Broel's Victorian Mansion and Doll House Museum
Ranked #148 of 376 things to do in New Orleans
Reviewed 18 June 2014

House of Broel is the perfect setting for any event featuring elegant decor and furnishings with wonderful food. Entering the building is like stepping back in time. The owner offered many personal stories about the house and furniture. My favorite feature is the doll house collection and amazing assortment of miniatures. Must visit when you're in the Garden District.

1  Thank Judy C

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I enjoyed looking at all the different dollhouses but also felt a bit rushed. Next time I will tell them to give me more time to look at the doll houses specially since I paid an entrance fee. Very nice dollhouses though and the house itself was interesting!

4  Thank Sortie S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This gorgeous interior is basically redecorated for parties and weddings. Some of the house appears to be from the late 19th century so its beautiful with a lot of old wood fixtures and artifacts.

We walked in for the $10 tour and were lucky that a family of 6 had just gotten there for the same reason. The tour guide was a 35ish man, sandy brown hair, suave, and someone you might imagine was of French descent. He took our money and then rushed us through the doll houses as if he were late for something. Most of the time we strolled by the intricate doll houses, rarely stopping for 20-30 seconds. In a real museum, I would have spent 2-5 minutes on many of the doll houses. I'm guessing there were 10-20 miniature houses. While his commentary was enlightening and interesting, I walked out of this place thinking I was rushed and barely saw the doll houses. We should at least been allowed to stop and study 2-3 of the houses but we didn't. This isn't a museum -- its a party house that runs quick grab-the-tourist's-money tours.

6  Thank Danielg922
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Beautiful venue to have a wedding. Rich in history, just an elegant location in the Garden District. We were there attending a wedding, and it was just perfect. Owner of the mansion was there and told us a lot about the history and such of the place.

1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My son and his bride had their wedding at this venue earlier this month. It was a rather impromptu affair so Ms. Broel handled most of the planning. The house was very nicely decorated, the backyard very picturesque, and the cake was gorgeous. Overall, a very nice place for a wedding. Food was good, bar staff needed additional training and the bar ran out of bottled beer early into the evening. Price was calculated as per head with a fifty person minimum (package selected by the bride and groom) so they were a bit disappointed by the lack of beverage..... A bit disorganized, bride throwing the bouquet and the first dance. People were mulling about and some were not made aware of what was happening. Seems Ms. Broel has done this so many times, she could organize it in her sleep. It did have a wham, bam, thank you ma'am feel to it. Overall, very nice wedding considering the lack of prior planning on the part of the bride and groom.

Travellers who viewed House of Broel's Victorian Mansion and Doll House Museum also viewed

Been to House of Broel's Victorian Mansion and Doll House Museum? Share your experiences!