“Excellent Salads, Sandwiches and Soups!”
Review of Merchant

Merchant
Ranked #337 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stopped in here because it was recommended by the concierge at the hotel -- and loved it so much I went back the next day. The salads are delicious: spinach, arugula, pine nuts, and other fresh ingredients with a delicious dressing. The turkey and fig sandwich was very tasty with a wonderfully fresh crusty bagette. And, the lentil soup was flavorful and full of beans and veggies. Love it!

There are newer reviews for Merchant

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Went here twice for breakfast during our trip to New Orleans. Good coffee and tea. They have crepes for breakfast.You can either get a savory crepe or a sweet crepe. My 8 year daughter really enjoyed her nutella and strawberry crepe, my husband had nutella and apples on our second trip. I had the savory crepe with blue cheese, it was very nice with a small salad on the side. I had a breakfast sandwich on a croissant on our second visit. It was very good too.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was in NOLA for a conference and this place was just down the street from the meeting. I went for breakfast and had the fig, turkey and egg croissant. They call it a figamagig. It was awesome. Great Service and Very fresh produce. I went back and found several other NOLA visitors who had been in there the day before had also returned the second day. I also went back for lunch. Great fresh ingredients. Friendly and helpful staff too. I will definitely return. Reasonable prices too.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My sandwich may have been one of the highlights in my culinary experiences in New Orleans, which came as a shock considering this was a pretty casual cafe. The 3 Cheese y Mas was full of fresh and thoughtful ingredients, and I would highly recommend it as a vegetarian lunch option, in a portion large enough to share. With a beautiful space, and incredible friendly staff, my only complaint lies with the coffee served. I've had illy before, and understand the weight it carries in the industry, but you would really think that a coffee house of this standard would brew something local, if they didn't roast their own beans.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

From the reviews on TA I expected this place to be better. The coffee is served in tiny, though attractive glasses, and was lukewarm. The crepe itself was good but with the pancetta filling was really greasy. The staff were helpful and friendly. A place for office workers picking up coffee and breakfast.

Been to Merchant? Share your experiences!