“A trendy and comfortable retreat”

Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District
Ranked #90 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Just a short street car ride from the French Quarter, this hotel provided a sleek and comfy place to call home for the weekend. I was debating between staying in the middle of the action or in the Garden District where it's quieter. Aside from the convenience of walking right out the doors of your hotel onto Bourbon St and the French Quarter, it was nice to leave the madness and settle into our quieter retreat each night.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were a nice size (with no carpet, which I can appreciate) and the beds were amazingly comfortable.

I'd definitely recommend an Abita root beer and a bananas foster from the hotel restaurant after a day full of casual drinking- it hit the spot!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fernando S
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our first experience of the Hotel Indigo chain was staying in their hotels in Baton Rouge and then New Orleans. We'll be looking out for them again - nice modern, minimalist hotels! The hotel in New Orleans is right on the St Charles streetcar route so easy to get into the French Quarter. The restaurant food was good and reasonably priced. The rooms themselves were clean and well appointed and the staff were friendly an helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KB_Vancouver
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I really liked staying at the Hotel Indigo on a recent business trip. The room was spacious, luxurious, and very clean. The bathroom is unbelievable. I was on the 8th floor, and the room cooled down nicely despite the awful NOLA humidity. I had room service dinner, which was delicious, altho the quantities were small. They happily brought me a small fridge when I requested one. Valet parking was fast and friendly. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beachiz
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Was very nice and trendy. Rooms are huge. The room was very clean. It was unusual to see animals in the hotel. The area is not as bad as described. The only thing I did not like was that the trolley seemed to be full every time it got to the stop. We had to wait for several before we could get on another one. Any how I would stay here again. You sure can't beat the cost for. Saturday night in NOLA,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HuronTwpTraveler
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Pros:
- Very cool design! I spent the first 30 minutes taking pictures of the Hotel.
- Super comfy bed and pillows!
- Nice Location in the Garden District, you can hop on the street car right out side.
- Pet friendly! We were able to take our puppy with us.
- The hotel entrance looked like a door from the future. I felt like I was on an episode of Star Trek every time I walked through it.
- The room doors opened really awesomely, too. You just swipe your key in front of the senor to open the door. There is no trying to figure out which way to slide the key in.
- Staff was helpful.
- Food was good.

Cons:
-The rooms aren't sound proof. Also, the bathroom echoed.
- It ended up costing us more than we initially realized it would. $20 parking fee per day, pet fees per day; lots of taxes.
-There is no pool.
-There is no complementary breakfast.
-There is no tub in the bathroom; shower only.
- Not much of a view.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackiedoodle
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May as part of a very long trip , last four nights of our Holiday. I can't speak highly enough about this hotel ! The room (912) was very spacious and clean and the service was spot on from reception bar and valet parking! Two minor niggles no room service and the bar shuts early(10pm) plus points are location garden distric is safe! And the trolley bus stops outside which takes you downtown . Special mention to Erika Jerimiaha josh and Elisha who all made our trip memorable!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dg146
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We arrived at 8pm and our room was not ready.
Hotel advertised room service although when calling for room service or calling the front desk, no one would answer the phone!
Housekeeping did not clean the used coffee pot nor leave more coffee for the following morning.
Claim to be a green hotel but housekeeping still washed the hanging towels everyday.
The hotel is decorated beautifully with an excellent location for riding the streetcar but I think since it has newly opened, the staff needs more training with customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear lovetotravel486,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the unsatisfactory service you received and experienced from the staff. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.