Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avenue Plaza Resort(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Prytania Oaks Hotel(New Orleans)
Good 3.5/5
Prytania Park(New Orleans)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Modern(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden districtmagazine streetfront deskfrench quartertrolley stopst charleslafayette cemeteryday passlarge showervalet parkingaveda productsmardi grasstreet car lineparade routemodern hotelcorner roomvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

"Quiet" for me may mean "boring" to you. The hotel is definitely away from the action, so make sure you know what kind of a NOLA experience you want before you book here. Valet service was a little slow at check-in, but we didn't have any issues with the valet for the rest of our stay. My favorite parts about this hotel were the HUGE bathroom, the comfortable bed, and the modern design elements. The rooms had a lot of personality. Being away from the tourist areas takes a bit of planning, so make sure you have your day planned in advance. The street car does drop off right in front of the hotel, but if you've been drinking in the quarter and your feet hurt and it's 2AM and you don't feel like trying to figure out where the heck the streetcar is, you'll find yourself using a Taxi. A lot. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, the bar looked nice (although we never stopped in), and I really liked the high-end Aveda toiletries. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

2  Thank TXAndrea
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was our second stay at a Hotel Indigo - San Fran and now N.O. I will always look for these properties any time I travel. I just love the feel of the hotels. Very plush without being stuffy. Trendy without being silly. This one is right on the street car line so all of the city is just steps away with your $3 day pass. The room was very clean and stylish, the bathroom was big with a welcoming shower. Enjoyed a nice breakfast in the lobby so don't skip out without stopping for a bite before you run out for the day!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AlwaysDCgirl
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I came apon this hotel randomly the first week they opened. It is gorgeous, in a great location and the staff was so friendly. I loved the room, it felt very luxurious and was enormous. The shower was huge and so relaxing, but the ONLY problem I had was in the shower. I think I may have been the first guess to stay in the hotel because in the shower there was a loose rock with a very sharp edge that I cut myself on. Nothing serious but it was still annoying.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Indigo would be inconvenient to Downtown and the Quarter were it not for the street car line right at its front doorstep. With that, fifteen minutes or less and you're right in the middle of everything.

Buy the $3 day pass; you'll save a dollar or two and you don't need to worry about keeping the right change handy.

The hotel rooms are spacious and clean; we had a standard king on the 9th floor, looking out across St. Charles toward the river. Nice view, and quiet.

Breakfast is good; try the District, and enjoy the grits, in particular.

Room Tip: Ask for the 9th floor, facing St. Charles Avenue.
1  Thank shetlandskid
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear shetlandskid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Came here to celebrate an anniversary and attend a wedding and I have to say that the hotel overall lived up to my expectations. We were very convenient to where our friend's wedding ceremony which was across the street at the House of Broel and wedding reception up the street at Emeril's Delmonico. We were able to get downtown and the french quarter and other attractions with ease. This hotel had easy access to nearby bars, pubs and restaurants and even had a Walgreens within a few blocks. We took advantage of hotel breakfast every morning which was quite filling (shrimp and grits is a must!) and used the valet several times a day, which was quick and efficient and well worth the $20/day fee, even with the late/early hours of us coming and going. Executive King room was perfect and decorated nice and quite clean. Enjoyed the complimentary USA Today in the mornings and business center was good. Housekeeping was quick, staff was prompt, friendly and knowledgable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel. My only two gripes, hotel elevator is super small and although I asked for a mini fridge to be put in my room upon making my reservation b/c I have insulin that needs to be kept cold (refrigerator not standard in the rooms, no extra cost for one to be delivered); upon our arrival refrigerator was not in the room, but it was delivered within 20mn. So staff corrected the mistake promptly. Very impressed, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 321, Exec King Room, which was all the way down the hall at the end. We did not hear anyone else coming or going, we had privacy and had no issues at all. Nothing to look at outside of our window besides a parking lot for another building, but we didn't plan on looking out at the windows all day so it was not a bother. Valet in/out as much as you want all day $20 and well worth it as parking on the side streets was hard at times. Request mini refrigerator if needed, they are not standard but no extra cost to have one delivered.
2  Thank Michelle D