“One of the most incredible hotels”

Hotel Maison de Ville
Ranked #105 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
San Antonio, Texas
“One of the most incredible hotels”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It is hard to explain how absolutely amazing this property and my stay was. The room was clean and charming, the location was perfect, and every member of the staff (including Trina) was welcoming and kind. Walking into this hotel where you can see Bourbon Street from the balcony was like going back home and it always amazed me how incredibly calm and serene it was inside of the hotel with the crazy nightlife New Orleans is known for was literally three buildings away. Let me break down the hotel for anyone who wants all of the details like I always do:

The location:
This location is incredible and I cannot speak of it more highly. This hotel is easy to locate and drive to and while parking is not available at the hotel, the hotel staff easily guided us to different parking locations and suggested the prices that may be at each. You are parking in a city so you are bound to pay the price. The hotel is perfectly located for people looking for the nightlife on Bourbon or even people who are just looking to enjoy the food and culture of the rest of New Orleans because everything is in easy walking distance.

The room:
The rooms are the great size with high ceilings and large windows. We stayed in a room with a joined balcony overlooking Toulouse, but after spending time in their courtyard I wouldn't mind a room facing that incredibly peaceful fountain. There is a fan in the room that we originally thought was going to be loud enough that we could not sleep, but we were totally wrong and it covered up some of the noise outside letting us sleep peacefully and neither of us woke up once during our two night stay. The room did get a little hot, but they asked if we needed additional fans and we declined and considering this trip was in the middle of August, it would be foolish to think that any place in this city wouldn't get a little warm. There are also endless cans of soda and bottles of water as well as some snacks available at all times, which was a HUGE plus!

The staff:
Normally in hotels, I feel like my experience is streamlined and I don't talk to anyone unless I'm checking in or out, and maybe that's why my time at the Maison de Ville felt so special. Each person I encountered and talked to made the experience so amazing I felt like I was leaving friends behind when I left. One night we came back we even sat on the stairs for thirty minutes with two of the hotel employees discussing the city and already gather tips and hints for our future trips. Their hospitality along with the beauty and peacefulness of the hotel made this a trip I will never forget and I can't imagine staying at any other location when I visit this beautiful city.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 3, which is the room shown in their photos with the teal wall and the chand...
7 Thank mewilliams1023

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is the ultimate place for a romantic weekend in New Orleans! The excellent staff was caring and attentive to every detail. The rooms are filled with antiques and chandeliers. Despite being just a few steps from Bourbon St., we never noticed the noise and commotion going on around us. Even though we were eager to get out and see the sights of the city, it was hard to get out in the mornings because it was so tempting to lie around in the extremely comfortable bed and luxuriate in our surroundings. Our handmade voodoo doll is now a wonderful memento of our experience!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are probably quieter, but we never heard a sound facing the street.
2 Thank Alissa M
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The moment I walked in the door of the Hotel Maison de Ville I KNEW this was going to be an awesome experience..It's a romantic, boutique hotel. This hotel is beautifully decorated with lots of wood and fine materials. The room I stayed in was so comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in at a Hotel or anywhere else, come to think about it...linens and pillows felt like sleeping in a cloud. The courtyard was so nice, boganvillas everywhere and bricks and tables and wood and great place to sit and relax and wine down...great ambiance! The staff is wonderful and helpful and so caring. Made sure you are having the best time in New Orleans...will never stay anywhere else as long as Hotel de Ville is open and running! 5 STARS and congratulations to the owners for making this a unique and wonderful experience for us weary travelers...thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A wonderful hotel. In the heart of the French Quarter and it looks and feels like it belongs there. The lobby is comfortable and the courtyard is the picture of a New Orleans courtyard. The rooms were a good size and nicely furnished. I would stay here every time I come New Orleans.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David E
Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is right in the middle of the action...great location! It's right around the corner from Bourbon Street. I thought that it would be loud since our room had a balcony overlooking the street, but it was surprisingly quiet. The staff is fantastic and are extremely helpful! They gave us great ideas on where to eat (Chartres House and Pat O'briens was awesome). The complementary breakfast pastries were a nice surprise too. We loved this place so much that we've already booked a return stay!

1 Thank Bill_Denise
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was in great location, stayed in the Tennessee Williams Suite which was very nice and bed was extremely comfortable. The suite was also very spacious and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed sitting in the courtyard and listen to Jazz music that was filtering in from the French Quarter. Overall experience was great, I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Stay at the Tennessee Williams Suite, great accessibly to the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
St. George Island, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were so thrilled with this gem! This hotel is uniquely charming and has the perfect French Quarter location! The staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple