“Already planning another outing to Langlois!!!!”
Review of Langlois

Langlois
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are excited to announce our new motto for the remainder of 2016 and 2017- have roux spoon, will travel! We are exclusively offering offsite events until March 2017. With this new motto, we are taking the show on the road. Our guests are no longer restricted by the size and availability of our restaurant space, and they're not forced to decide if it is possible to squeeze one more meal into a whirlwind trip to New Orleans. We are offering our guests flexibility and choices on when, where and how they can enjoy the Langlois experience. New Orleans Culinary Entertainment - Enjoy the Show! Think of Langlois as a traveling food show - we bring the best of New Orleans cuisine and Louisiana cooking to you. Our trained chefs are storytellers, food nerds, Louisiana natives, and culinary historians who make every event memorable, fascinating, and fun. We take guests on a journey through the history and ingredients of Louisiana's unique food culture, and our demonstrations explore all of the influences in Creole and Cajun cooking, including French, Spanish, German, Italian, Native American, African, and Vietnamese cuisine. We provide culinary entertainment for groups of all sizes in your venue of choice - from private homes to the convention center to hotels and area restaurants.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Already planning another outing to Langlois!!!!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

New must do in New Orleans! Fun and approachable instructors, great food, worth the price. Took some key learnings home and no one left hungry! Will do this again :)

1 Thank 750911
AmyNOLA, Owner at Langlois, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next experience with us! Cheers! Amy

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An insider's view of New Orleans”
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Chefs Amy, Jodie and Lauren made us feel welcome right away, so it felt more like hanging out with friends at home than a class. But everything was very well organized, and the kitchen/shop is bright and impeccably clean -- it's clear that this new business is going to do very well. I can't wait to try the recipes when I get back to California -- I'll make remoulade first! And I was surprised that 3 of the 5 students in my class were from New Orleans or close by. We learned about the history of Cajun and Creole cuisine, their unique ingredients, and secrets to speedier and healthier cooking (like dry roux).

I initially was disappointed that it was not very hands-on, but as I thought about it, I already know how to cut onions and peppers, so it actually was better that we spent our time on the ingredients and talking about food than the prep work.

1 Thank brunsli
AmyNOLA, Owner at Langlois, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on us. We love it when guests let us know their thoughts. We do try to prep the onions and other ingredients so y'all can get down to the actual cooking and stories behind the cuisine. Please join us again and feel free to ask us to "do more." We're glad you enjoyed the discussion. It is always fun to have locals and out of town guests in the same class. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Big Easy.
New Orleans
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fun and Educational Experience”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The Lunch cooking demonstration was a fun experience. I left there learning some New Orleans history and some great cooking tips. The food was great and the Chefs taught you how easy it is to cook gumbo, make fresh breads and much more. Nice way to spend a Sunday with a Friend... I will definitely suggest this to others!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank KimReboul
AmyNOLA, Owner at Langlois, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thanks for the review. It was fun to have you and your friend in class this weekend. Don't forget- have fun with that bread recipe- cinnamon, pecans etc. The sky is the limit to what you can add. Amy
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Langlois is AMAZING!”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The atmosphere, the food and staff at Langlois made it an unforgettable evening! They have an innovative approach to gourmet cooking where you actually prepare the food instead of watching the chef make the dish for you!

We were able to sip on wine, cook great food & meet other amazing people. It is really is worth the money, especially when you consider the cost of a gourmet meal these days. My husband said the food was comparable our favorite 5-star restaurants in New Orleans! The real bonus…my husband has been inspired to cook!

I would recommend Langlois to anyone looking for a cute date night idea, girls’ night out, a dinner party or for if you are looking to learn something new for dinner!

A few tips:
- Arrive early so you have time to look at all of the great items they sell. My favorite is the Ruby Slippers cookbook written by Chef Amy. It describes the food and culture in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
- Take notes…they give lots of great tips that are not in your book.
- Don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves, wash your hands & have fun!
- Don’t eat before you go - the portions are very generous!
- Book it, I promise you will love it. It's more than just learning to cook…it is the best gourmet culinary experience ever!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank nolagirl324
AmyNOLA, Owner at Langlois, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are honored that y'all consider our food 5 star and can't wait to see you again. Cheers! Brynna
Charlottesville, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One Of The Highlights Of Our Visit to New Orleans!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This was a wonderful way to learn something special! From my first email inquiring about the menus and ingredients, Amy made me feel like she was just waiting to make our New Orleans vacation unique. She managed to engage all of us with ages ranging from 19 to 60 by encouraging us to tie on our aprons, wash our hands, and join in the fun! And we did! In addition to learning a lot of about Cajun and Creole cooking from Amy, we got some great cooking advice from Chef Tess, exchanged ideas and opinions with the other participants, AND all of us learned how to flip a crepe! The menu was marvelous -- and slightly customized to accommodate food allergies (thank you!) -- and we came home with new recipes, cooking skills, fun photos, and fabulous memories! My only regret is that I didn't get Amy and Chef Tess to sign the apron that I bought... Oh,well, next time!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Rebecca A
AmyNOLA, Owner at Langlois, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure to host your family for a class and we hope that y'all are enjoying cooking Cajun and Creole food at home. Hopefully your son got his new crepe pan for his return to college! Visit us again soon. Amy

Been to Langlois? Share your experiences!