“Church mass”

Immaculate Conception Church
Ranked #18 of 367 things to do in New Orleans
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Beautiful church a must see. The day I was there they had 2 weddings . I was told they do about 100 weddings a year.

There are newer reviews for Immaculate Conception Church

Reviewed 6 January 2014

A wonderful gem and a good piece of olden day architecture!!.Close to the Hampton we stayed.
Took part in the Friday and Sunday mass.Very peaceful and serene place of worship

Reviewed 6 January 2014

During my visit to New Orleans, I was staying the the Roosevelt Hotel across the street. The first day I checked in I noticed the church and decided I would sneak a peak. I'm so glad I did. The facade itself is impressive and beautiful with its rising twin towers. Inside its a classic Roman Catholic church, statues, candles, serenity. I took a look around, took many pictures, and then just sat and enjoyed the peace and tranquillity of the space. If you're Catholic, into history, or just in general appreciate aesthetics, this church won't disappoint.

2  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This church is one of the most beautiful churches ever! I never could have imagined such beauty exists less than a block from Canal Street! The architecture and detail are phenomenal! I will visit this each and every time I travel to New Orleans. Peace be with you.

1  Thank VegasTrvlr
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Going by this church we taken by appearance of it. At first we couldn't figure out what it was, Jewish, Islamic or Christian. We we're totally surprised to find out it was a Jesuit Catholic Church. Going back the next day we found the interior of the church to be utterly breath taking. It was a composition of all the religions working together in complete harmony.

3  Thank Sheila S