“Just Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa Atlantis - French Quarter

Spa Atlantis - French Quarter
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Atlantis now has a second location in New Orleans French Quarter. Just six blocks away from the original Spa. Spa Atlantis French Quarter offers almost all of the spa services of the Gravier location, but in addition we are a hair salon which offers makeup application. Gentlemen, we haven't forgotten about you. In addition to cuts, we offer hot towel shaves to truly help you get in the "vacation" mood.
Conroe, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Just Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I am 22 weeks pregnant and just got back from a weekend in New Orleans. I thought I needed a massage before I got there and then after I did so much walking in the French Quarter I definitely did. I booked a prenatal massage with Ashley. She was absolutely wonderful. Some how she used a light touch but still relieved all my sore muscles. Now Im just disappointed she doesn't live closer to me. After the massage I got a pedicure and it to was good. Everyone was nice and the atmosphere was calming.

Visited February 2014
SpaAtlantis, Owner at Spa Atlantis - French Quarter, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Congratulations on the baby. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I will let Ashley know about it.

Richard Borne
Owner Spa Atlantis

Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What Spa?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

After reading the wealth of reviews on this location, and the other, I decided the $220 couples massage sounded well worth the tag. Having booked this as the very first experience in New Orleans, I went in looking to release my pre-vacation tension, and renew before a week on my feet. As I have been to many spas in my day, I was surprised to enter a bubbly salon atmosphere, and wait several minutes until the associate was off the phone, and could address me. While I was also surprised that there weren't any forms to fill out regarding areas of attention, pressure, and daily activity, I figured that the therapist would cover that in an interview.

Whispering as we went up the steps, past the "quiet room", we were lead to our room, where I was asked at an almost imperceptible whisper if I had any special areas, and if I had any illnesses the therapist should know about.

While mentioning my low back and shoulder pain did get a rub of BioFreeze on my lumbar area, there wasn't any special attention or much extra time devoted to either area. As far as the rest of the massage was concerned, I was shocked at how little pressure was being applied.

Seriously...I've had my cat walk across my body with more pressure.

About halfway through the massage, my therapist asked how the pressure was, to which I kindly responded that more would be great. My request wasn't translated into action, so after about 50 minutes I just felt oily, disappointed and lighter in the wallet.

After the massage, my partner explained that his massage was also less than amazing. Creepier, though, we both agreed that during the massage we heard the door open and a third person enter and exit the room. I don't know if there was a staff member training, a receptionist clarifying something, or what, but all and all, it further soured the event.

Overall, the only thing we got out of the massage was a longing for our cat...

Visited January 2014
SpaAtlantis, Owner at Spa Atlantis - French Quarter, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dylan - I am very sorry for your experience at my Spa. I would appreciate it if you would give me a call on my mobile (504) 258-4335 so we can discuss your experience. I welcome the opportunity to make this situation right.

Regards,
Richard Borne
Owner - Spa Atlantis
Central CA
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Nice massage in convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I booked an 80 minute massage on a recent trip to NOLA. It was within walking distance of my French Quarter hotel. I arrived a few minutes early and was offered a mimosa. I had to wait a few minutes and by the time the massage started, I don't think it ended up being quite 80 minutes. That being said, the massage was good and the therapist checked in about pressure and asked beforehand about areas to focus on. The price was $120 which is more than I like to pay for a massage, but for the area, the price was about average. Their package deals seemed like a better bargain, but I didn't have the time. Overall, I would recommend this spa for its professional appearance, ambiance, and therapist skill.

Visited January 2014
Pomona, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Staff and Services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Went off of trip advisor reviews and were not lead astray. Had an excellent massage and I would recommend any that are staying in the French Quarter and are looking for a massage or spa service to check this place out.

Visited December 2013
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxation at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves at this spa which was close to our hotel in the French quarter and were delighted by the service. Friendly from the get go, they made us feel most welcome. We both had a long massage and facial from their skilled therapists and it was just what we needed after walking around NO for the whole day. Definitely worth considering if you want to spoil yourself!

Visited December 2013