“now that's bbq!!!!!!!”

Ranked #431 of 1,936 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: BBQ Restaurant on Historic Magazine Street in Uptown New Orleans, set in a cozy atmosphere. We specialize in large tender dry rub St. Louis cut Ribs, juicy Pulled Pork & tender Brisket, as well as, Our Signature Brisket QUEsadillas & Cochon Bleu sandwich featuring pulled pork topped with crumbled blue cheese & melted pepper jack cheese served on a toasted sesame seed egg bun. Smoked Hot Boudin, Chaurice & Alligator Sausages. Smoked & Grilled Chicken Breast, Quesadillas, along with our Signature Baked Mac & Smoked Beans, Spicy Cole Slaw, Deviled Egg Potato Salad and Grilled Asparagus Sides. We offer Lunch Specials Monday - Friday. BYOB...We'll keep it cold for ya'. Outdoor seating too. Open for Lunch & Dinner Monday-Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM. We also specialize in Catering for Business Meetings, Company Picnics & Family Reunions, and Special Events. *Now offering Delivery thru NOLA Food Delivery* Mon/5-8:30pm,Tue/5-8:30pm,Wed-Sat/Noon-8:30pm,Sun/Noon-6pm
New Orleans, Louisiana
“now that's bbq!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We got pretty much everything on the menu and it was all awesome. Variety of sauces for everything, the most tender brisket I've ever had and mac n cheese and potato salad to die for. My husband loved the ribs and gator sausage. Best bbq I've had in.....ever!

• Visited August 2014

New orleans
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!!! OMG!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Do yourself a favor and grab lunch at Saucy's next time you are in NOLA!! Get the brisket poboy with pepper jack cheese! Absolutely the best BBQ I have ever had-- and I have had a lot of BBQ! The staff is so friendly and truly appreciative of your business. LOVED IT!!!!!!

• Visited July 2014
“Unbelievable food and SUPER Friendly Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I love BBQ. It's true. And I could tell you bite by bite how great this barbecue is, but you just need to go experience it. The brisket. The pork. The alligator sausage. You will be back AGAIN and AGAIN. Tonight was my first visit and I can't wait to go back. Maybe even tomorrow. It was that good! My date said it was the best brisket she had had in all the United States. You know what? She might be right! Go to Saucy's. Die happy. In that order.

• Visited June 2014
Rancho Mirage, California
“Great Food Find in Uptown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I were in the mood for BBQ and read about this place being a "gem". Saucy is on Magazine St in NOLA. We stopped in around 1:30 pm, near the end of their lunch serving. We found it to be exactly that...a gem! It's a small, cozy "hole in the wall". We each ordered a 2-meat combo + a side. She had ribs and brisket + Mac & cheese, and I had ribs (St Louis style) and pulled pork + potato salad. Each table has an array of BBQ sauces. We tried them all...my fav was the Sweet, and she really enjoyed a horseradish sauce with the brisket. I love ribs, and everything was terrific! I spoke with the owner, who opened the place 2 yrs ago with no prior food service experience, which was hard to believe given how delicious everything was. We have been going to JazzFest the last 5 years, and Saucy's BBQ will be a regular spot for us going forward. I urge you to check it out if you want truly good BBQ!

• Visited May 2014
UK
“Succulent ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Dinner for two was delicious. We shared a side of ribs, with the house sauce. Being from the UK this was our first taste of authentic BBQ. It was wonderful - ribs cooked with a dry rub with a tomato/vinegar sauce. We had a side dish of baked macaroni which was wonderful. Hubby left room for chocolate/peanut butter thunder cake, a new experience and very yummy. The decor is very basic but the food totally makes up for it. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014