“Interesting & Charming Little Shop”

Bottom of the Cup Tea Room
Ranked #31 of 223 Shopping in New Orleans
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Interesting & Charming Little Shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I went to this little shop when I googled "Where to buy authentic tarot cards, New Orleans" and received a suggestion from Trip Advisor. Very good selection of tarot cards of all sizes, time periods, etc. (My daughter wanted something authentic from New Orleans). The shop featured psychic readings and tea readings, but I did not partake. They must be popular because 2 people made appointments while I was shopping. They also feature a great display of vintage tea reading cups and saucers from the early 1920's to 1970's. I didn't realize how extensive this craft was and the storekeeper was very helpful in explaining the history. Since I knew almost nothing about tarot, he was very friendly and helpful without overselling me or directing me to the most expensive item on the shelf. I always appreciate shop owners who don't take advantage of a customer's lack of knowledge. Fun little adventure in the French Quarter.

Visited May 2013