“Great store!”
Review of Earth Odyssey

Earth Odyssey
Ranked #7 of 232 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the French Quarter in New Orleans, we showcase Sterling Silver Designer Gemstone Jewelry, Crystals & Minerals, Fossils, Gemstone Beads, Aromatherapy and more. We offer Psychic Readings including Tarot, Angel, Crystal, African Shell, Past Life, Runes and Astrology. Energy Healing is also available.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Chicago, Illinois
“Great store!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great store I visited when I was in NOLA I recently purchased a few things online and the customer service was fantastic. I received my items very fast too!

Visited May 2013

Orlando, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic Find!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Sometimes just wandering around with no agenda you find the most interesting things. This shop is a rare gem indeed. We stayed for more than an hour, one pass through was not enough to experience all this place had to offer. The vibe upon first entering was one of peace and tranquility. I wanted to bask in the calmness and very pretty things. Touching is not frowned upon here, just put things back where you got it, don't drop stuff and you should be fine.

Little kids will have a field day if not properly managed - lots of shiny things to touch, baskets to overturn, displays to... well you know. Kids over 6 should be ok, I'll keep you posted as my little one travels with us next time. (Strollers may be an issue if you have a large one, umbrella type
ok)

There is so much to see, the loose stones and jewelry are truly some of the best in the French Quarter. Take the time to savor this wonderful shop.

The manager Jayanta was like an old friend. He talked with us about our purchases while he lovingly packed each stone up. We left with such a peaceful feeling and a happy heart we're sure to return.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Christey O
Joy D, Owner at Earth Odyssey, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Christey,

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our store! Children are more than welcome and the store is arranged so that strollers and wheelchairs can access everything within the store. Both of my children grew up in the store, so we know how to help direct kids to lots of things that they can touch without worrying about breaking. Thank you for being a customer. If you have not yet signed up for our monthly newsletter, please do so through our website so that we may keep in touch.

Warm Regards,
Joy Debnath
Owner
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Nice store. Nice owner. Recommended!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stumbled upon this store while attending a small convention of geologists and geophysicists at the New Orleans Marriott. This store is just 2 blocks from the hotel on Chartres street. I found the selection of rocks, minerals, and fossils to be extensive and of high quality. I even asked about some items like shark's teeth that I did not see on display. The owner pulled out a tray from behind the counter, so it is very likely that they have what you are looking for. I shop for this kind of stuff on the internet, so I was amazed to find some prices that were lower than the internet, especially when factoring in the shipping. I bought a large amethyst cathedral geode that was a great deal! It was very heavy, so the owner packed it for me, as if for shipping, and offered to carry it to my car as I drove by so that I would not have to park. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Super Jewelry Shop”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just wanted to let you know that I am a jewelry "nut." I have so much jewelry I could set up my own store! So when I visited New Orleans I was very excited to find Earth Odyssey. Lots and lots of different and unusual pieces, Friendly staff who let you browse without hovering (I Hate that!). I also like their monthly newsletter which even has a coupon! I heartily recommend that you visit Earth Odyssey. I'll be seeing them again this December and am looking forward to finding myself the perfect Christmas present (and maybe one for my friend).
Carol Custer

Visited March 2013
Joy D, Owner at Earth Odyssey, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
I am so glad that we were able to "wow" you. We go to great lengths to ensure that our customers feel comfortable and have a wide selection of jewelry and minerals to browse. Our jewelry designs are always changing so by December we will have hundreds of new styles for you to choose from. Happy Travels!
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful Jasper here!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Last year I found beautiful Jasper here, and now I continue to stay in touch with the newsletter!! I feel like I can come back time and time again. The staff was warm and no one pushed me to buy they just let me browse until I was ready. Just tots awesome!!!!

Visited September 2012