“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hex: Old World Witchery

Hex: Old World Witchery
Ranked #4 of 210 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Hex New Orleans offers Psychic Readings with authentic Witches and magical merchandise for both the curious and Witch alike. Whether you want a candle to bless your home, herbs and roots to make your own magic, a potion to attract love, the perfect ritual tool, a Voodoo doll made by a real practitioner, or to cast a spell at our authentic Witches' Altar, Hex is for those who believe in magic and those whose hearts beat with its fire. Be sue to click Book Now to schedule a psychic reading!
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

For those of you who are curious about Voodoo and it's origins, this is the place to go. I went wandering around the French Quarter and there were many places with Voodoo signs. There were a couple I stopped into and each time I'd ask a question, they would refer to directions on offering bags to understand. That did not cut it. I am a extremely detail oriented person and the customer service was thumbs down. So I step into Hex and was delighted to get greeted by Ty, the Store Manager. She is just a wealth of knowledge. Ty gave lots of historical facts about the practice of witchcraft, voodoo, and the religion of Wicken. She also told me the differences between being a Roman Catholic, Catholic or New Orlean's Catholic. (LOL). Apparently Catholicism is different in New Orleans vs. San Francisco. I visited the store many times while I was there. I also met Anastasia and Michele. Both awesome to talk to and get fabulous information from. Michele is fun and has dynamic energy. I enjoyed all that she had to share with me. This place is legit and everyone that works there are all practicing in their craft! This was and awesome experience!! GO!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank MietteCinco

Clemson, South Carolina, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I visited two days in a row. The second day, they remembered me from the previous day. They are nice, full of history tidbits concerning the area, quick to share places to visit, and they have a wonderful store. They even offer tarot readings. I will definitely return to the storenext time I visit New Orleans! I highly recommend visiting Hex.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Robin K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wondrously Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I took a road trip out to the French Quarter for the second time. We love the location. This time around we ventured a little further out to check out some of the small stores located on Decatur St., just a few blocks from where we stayed. My husband was looking forward to taking me to Hex, one of a handful of stores like it in the area. We were a bit disappointed in the others and thought to check out Hex as "last stop" before heading back home (a very long ride ahead of us).

Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised and grateful that we did. We purchased quite a few curiosities due to the vast knowledge we had the luxury of receiving from store attendant Michelle. Michelle was great to speak to, was lively, funny and kept both me and my husband company while we each got separate readings from the "resident witch" Anastasia.

Anastasia is a very impressive person. We (Anastasia, my husband and myself) had quite a consuming and revealing conversation well before I decided readings would be a great addition to our visit. Anastasia made us feel very much at home, gave us some motherly tough love, performed an enlightening all encompassing reading of tarot, runes and palmistry and sent us back home with a renewed sense of happiness, love and knowledge of not only ourselves but our relationship.

This store was the best experience we have had in both our visits to the French Quarter in recent years. I look forward to returning and making more wonderful memories with the beautiful people we encountered at Hex.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank Alicia H
Smithton, Missouri, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Love love love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing . Cannot say enough great about the products and staff. I will drive 12 hours again to go back. Thank you.

7 Thank April A
Quitman, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great stop in Nola”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a reading and to browse. Tons of books on magic, voodoo, witchcraft, and local Nola topics. Oils, incense, candles-they have it all. Got a reading with Sharon. Great experience. Nothing life altering, but a great experience all the same!

4 Thank raquelaque