“Don't walk by, go in!”

Little Gem Saloon in New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Gem Saloon in New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #366 of 2,034 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a wonderful meal accompanied by some incredible music! It's a small place, and the music is LOUD but that's why we came. We had a large group (18?) and split up to two tables for convenience. The food and service was outstanding and the music was incredible.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Tried Little Gem for dinner on a Friday night during Jazz Fest and went back on Sat for Kermit Ruffins!
The bar & wait staff are great. The Friday night show my server apologized for the slow service as 3 people had not shown up and more than made up for it on Saturday nite. The food is fantastic, had hanger steak on Friday and the BEST fried chicken on Sat!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We decided to try somewhere a little different and away from the French quarter. This place had some good reviews. We were not disappointed. We booked in advance to get good seats for the show. There was a small cover charge - $20 - but the show was fantastic. Kermit Ruffins is awesome and the two female singers with him the night we went were brilliant. The meal was also pretty good and the cocktails lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will head here again if we return to New Orleans. The restaurant is quite small so feels intimate for a show. It is also classy but not at all pretentious. One of the singers joined us at our table to see how we were enjoying the show. She was genuinely pleased that we admired her talent. Lovely singer and lovely lady.

1  Thank AvrilNerja
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The food was ok. My husband had shrimp and grits and I had barbequed shrimp and both were good. I also got fried green tomatoes that were very bland. But the service was some of the worst I've seen. We had no less than four servers. If this sounds like attentive service, it was not. It seemed to be random as to who might deliver your food or who you would have to stop to ask for another drink. At one point, I saw our original server standing at the bar, listening to the band. Which brings me to the atmosphere. The room is beautifully done but all that went down the drain when we had to witness the piano player throwing a 10 minute tantrum because the sound check wasn't going well. It's bad enough to listen to feedback with your meal but then to see someone who is supposed to be entertaining you act like a four year old just ruins any ambiance the place could have. As others have said, I really wanted to like this place but I won't be going back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stopped in for quick bar food and a drink. Ended up staying for HOURS!! Love this place - all the servers are top notch (at least at the bar) and the food was delish. Authentic and not pretentious. Loved the band, Nayo Jones Quartet, so much that I bought their CD (big deal for a cheapo like me). Will definitely recommend and be back next trip.