Kayak Swamp Tour with Transportation from New Orleans

Book in advance
from
£89.63
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Canoe & Trail Adventures
from £89.63
More Info
All reviews flora and fauna his knowledge bayou birds louisiana guide wetlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2019

Our family went on the kayaking tour with tour guide Matt May... what a wonderful few hours of our time to spend in the swamp and learn about the bayou, trees, and wildlife. Our 10 year old daughter rode in a tandem kayak with my husband and I rode in a single. Matt kept everyone on task, supplied water and even had 2 refill spots where he refilled our bottles. He had waterproof boxes for our keys and other essentials. For anyone not realizing this it’s a kayaking tour so your arms may be a little sore the next morning.... also remember sun screen!!!! I am burnt to a crisp ( no fault but my own). Enjoy your tour and ask for one of the most polite guides I’ve ever met. Thank you Matt

Date of experience: July 2019
mattmay4887, Guest Relations Manager at Canoe & Trail Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

billijop2016,
Thank you for this awesome review of your paddle with us! I' so glad y'all had fun! We try our best to make sure everyone stays hydrated because the heat/humidity will take it out on you fast. Thank you again!!

Reviewed 28 June 2019

Our family of five (kids ages 9, 11, and 13) had a wonderful time! We got to paddle thru multiple ecosystems and get deep into the bayou. We saw turtles, tiny frogs, and 5-6 alligators! The guide (Matt) was super friendly, personable, and knowledgeable about the local vegetation/creatures. Our arms were tired from paddling by the end of the trip but it was definitely manageable for all of the kids. Totally worth a short trip away from the city to experience the nature of Louisiana!

Date of experience: June 2019
mattmay4887, Guest Relations Manager at Canoe & Trail Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2019

LauraB-ton2014,
We loved having your family come out with us! Thank you for taking some time to review your trip with us as well. Being tired is what we like to call Bayou Zen ;) We are glad your family had a wonderful time with us!

Reviewed 28 June 2019

I went on this trip last week. I wanted to do a swamp boat tour but was reluctant to be on a huge boat with loads of others and didn't like the idea that other companies feed the alligators to get them to appear. My AirBNB host recommended this company as having a great reputation. I booked and was picked up from a local coffee shop by Kevin and his Hobbit loving step son. Once there we were joined by the other kayakers - there was only one other couple and such a small group size was awesome in terms of being able to take things at my own pace. I've never done Kayaking before and was useless for the first five minutes (thanks to the nice man who bought the kayaks for rowing alongside and showing me what to do!) but once I got the hang of it it was ace but tiring!

We saw two alligators, a turtle, some egrets and the biggest spider I have ever seen outside of a zoo. Kevin was an excellent guide and it was fascinating seeing what he pulled up in his miniature aquarium. It was a fantastic day and the absolute highlight of my trip to New Orleans. Hugely recommended.

2  Thank Khaleesi_101

Khaleesi_101,
Thank you! Thank you for this amazing review of your paddle with us!! We are so glad to hear that after a short lesson you were ready to paddle. We love getting beginners on the water. The swamp is a great place to learn how to paddle because there is not much to fight with in terms of current. Being tired after a paddle is a good thing :) Thank you again and come back anytime.

Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

We did this tour late June and it was very enjoyable. It's not tough physically and there was alot of wildlife. The swamp was very calming

2  Thank 540kennetht

540Kennetht,
Thank you for taking some time to review your paddle. We agree that the swamp is very calming! Come back anytime.

Reviewed 22 June 2019

I would highly recommend this trip to both tourists and locals who need to venture outside of the city! Our guide, Kevin, ensured we had a great time! Everybody else in our group rescheduled due to the pending weather conditions, but the few minutes of rain we did get was much needed, so don't let the weather deter you! Kevin was very knowledgeable about the plant and animal life and he was quick to explain and answer any questions we had. It was so quiet and peaceful you almost forget where you are! We spotted at least 5 alligators! As well as various types of birds and other mammals. It was also awesome seeing all of the animal-life below us with the little 'aquarium' Kevin had made. Even after the tour was over he didn't hesitate to explain and show us a few of the surrounding creatures by the van. This tour was a great experience and definitely something I would love to do again.

Date of experience: June 2019
mattmay4887, Guest Relations Manager at Canoe & Trail Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2019

JFilmore,
Thank you for taking a bit of time to tell us about your paddle! It is nice to get out of the busy city to explore the nature around and we appreciate you saying it's great for locals as well. We hope to see you again in the future.