“Lovely dinner”
Review of Tableau

Tableau
Reserve with OpenTable
Tableau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Impeccable service and a wonderful meal. Recommended by our hotel and it was the perfect choice. Great gumbo, shrimp and grits, lovely salads.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was visiting New Orleans solo and read up on places with good bar service for solo dining. Tableau was recommended and I have to agree! I had a bowl of the seafood gumbo, salad with added fried oysters, and to bring the Bloody O’Reilly. Everything was very good. The bartender, Derek I think, was really nice and continued to check in. I liked that it was right on Jackson Square but wasn’t touristy or overdone. Just a really nice dinner.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Wow. Wow. Wow. From the appetizers of pressed watermelon with tomatoes peppers and crab claws, to the turtle soup and then the redfish with blue crab drawn butter. It was absolutely delicious!

Desserts were fantastic as well. Never before have I had such decadent creme brûlée. The peach shortcake was to die for and the French sweet cake was a dream. You can’t go wrong visiting this restaurant no matter the occasion.

Last but not least, the service staff was fantastic! Great recommendations and perfect service all night long! Don’t miss out!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We ate at Tableau on our first night of our girls trip. It was fine Dining at it best. The servers were classy and the food was 5 star all the way. I had a lump crab appetizer and my friend had a French onion soup. Then I ordered the chicken dinner that included a side of breaded veal steak that just melted in my mouth. What a wonderful combination of chicken and steak. My friend had gnocchi with a red wine glaze sauce and my sister had an appetizer of crabmeat with crab claws. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted so so good.
Desert was to die for!! Their famous creme brulee was so beautifully presented and I had a sweet bread with caramel sauce. This restaurant did not skimp on any of their food items. We ate so much and the servings were plentiful. I also had a lemonade cocktail with grey goose vodka. It was so refreshing! We sat outside on the balcony and watched people going by while enjoying our meals. We also got to see a New Orleans parade with jazz band and all. It was an amazing thing to see while we enjoyed our first class meal!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

A nice place for well made cocktails and a respite from the nuttiness of Bourbon street. Cheesecake was wonderful as well.