“The NOLA Cheesesteak Spot”

Liberty Cheesesteaks
Ranked #663 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The NOLA Cheesesteak Spot”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Let's be honest: there's surely no shortage of good sandwich/sub/po-boy options in this town. Many of them are solid as well, and in most instances, you can't go far without finding a good offering on fresh-sliced french nearby.

My wife and I love this place as a quick pickup/carry-out option which is markedly different from the po-boys alot of the shops are slingin'. Now, I'm not a cheesesteak connoisseur, and I'm certainly not from Philly, so purists might want to argue with me about these steaks just as a native would argue over who has the best roast beef or fried shrimp. I'll leave that for another review. These cheesesteaks get my full recommendation, especially if you're looking for a sandwich and you happen to be on Freret. Mix it up and grab one, and make sure you get it with the Moike's sauce.

It's not a very big spot, but they've got some outdoor seating. BYOB or eat it down the street in The Other Bar. They don't deliver, but you can't get a delivery through nolafooddelivery.com, depending upon whether or not you're uptown. It'll cost a bit extra for that service.

• Visited May 2014

“Good Cheesesteak”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I tried Liberty Cheesesteaks for the first time last night for dinner and it was really good. Took it to go but they do have limited seating inside as well as a few tables outside. The bread was a bit dry but the drive home allowed the meat and cheese to soak in and soften the bread some. The amount of meat and cheese (wiz) was spot on and greatly seasoned. Definitely will go back for round two.

• Visited September 2013
“best cheesesteak”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Best cheesesteak in nola. it's pretty much a to go place because the inside is tiny, but really good hangover food.

• Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Money Philly cheesesteaks in NOLA!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We have been here twice and both times were awesome! The place is small, but there are outside seats. We got the wiz fries which is fries with the cheese wiz on the fries and the original win provolone steak and onions all mixed together. The key is you can get the J.J. Sauce which is a mayo based sauce. Awesome! The staff is really cool and helpful! Go there if you get a chance!

• Visited July 2013
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Not bad, but room for improvement”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Being from the Philly area I wanted to give this place a higher review, but I don't see myself doing that or going there again, sorry. The server told me that the owners are from Philadelphia. That gave me high hopes. I found the bread dry and the cheese disappointing and the fries were way too salty. Now don't get me wrong. It wasn't terrible. It is hard to turn the ingredients of a cheese steak into a bad thing. It just wasn't' done well. I heard it is really the only game in town, so I guess this is still the place for your cheese steak option.

• Visited April 2013