“Come hungry and get them to do an off menu feed you”

Tony Angello's Restaurant
Ranked #639 of 1,992 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We got engaged at Tony Angello's 23 years ago and go back every year on our engagement anniversary. We only missed two years, Katrina and when my wife was having our daughter. Mr. Tony arranged for a special feed me to go for when my wife was in the hospital, so we still had his food for our anniversary.

They have a "feed me" with a fixed price on the menu. But do yourself a favor, ask your waiter to customize a fee me experience for your group. He'll tell you what's good and fresh that day and his likes and dislikes and you tell him which dishes to include. Get a great bottle of wine and spend the entire night on several small courses trying their best stuff. Well worth not rushing and having a good time.

1  Thank Motahari76

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not known to many tourists but the food is tremendous. Staff very nice and responsive. Always select the "feed me" option. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times several years ago and returned recently with my wife. I always felt this was one of the best places in town. After dinner there again I know I was right. Food superb again and the service best we ever had. Don't miss this jewel! Feed me!!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I don't eat here nearly as often as we'd like b/c it's not our typical budget for dinner (I'm not saying it's outrageous either), but if ever we want an anniversary or special occasion dinner or event, this is our place. Go here knowing that you can get anything on the menu, and savor every bite and flavor. Terrific service, elegant atmosphere, and a gem in the midst of a city full of jewels

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I live here in the New Orleans area and have been to Tony's a few times. 4 of us went for our anniversary and the food was average. For the tourists that come to town, you may believe that the "samplings" that come out for the "feed me" option are truly samplings of the main entrees that are cooked in the kitchen. However, having had the "feed me" several times, it is the same courses every time. There are better Italian restaurants in the city and closer to your stay in the French Quarter. There is a great portion of food, but for those that may not be interested in the feed me, you may just sit there waiting for your entrée, while the others at the table enjoy their dinner.
Service was a slow. The restaurant was only about 60% full and dinner took well over 2 hours from start to finish. A nice treat, though, was Mr. Tony who came by the table for a photo op. I have enjoyed my few evenings at Tony's but there are certainly too many other restaurants in the city to enjoy to eat there again.