“Christmas Time at Tony Angelo's”

Tony Angello's Restaurant
Ranked #572 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
New Orleans
“Christmas Time at Tony Angelo's”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Exceptional as always !!! One of the few restaurants that you can always rely on being consistent and it has been consistently great for decades.

• Visited December 2013

Leesburg, Florida
“I could eat here every night!!!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

In a word……ooops, sorry, two words…."Feed Me"
That's all it takes. Then sit back and get ready for the food. Small plates start rolling out in what seems like an endless procession. Salads, hot appetizers, main courses…….it just doesn't get any better than this!!!! This trip, when they finished bringing food and asked about dessert, I said, 'wait a minute, I need some chicken parmesan'….. five minutes later, there is was…heaven on earth….best I ever had!!!! My buddy wanted more shrimp…..a couple minutes later, there is was. Someone else wanted more of the rolled eggplant, there is was.
I love this place!!!!!

Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Come hungry and get them to do an off menu feed you”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We got engaged at Tony Angello's 23 years ago and go back every year on our engagement anniversary. We only missed two years, Katrina and when my wife was having our daughter. Mr. Tony arranged for a special feed me to go for when my wife was in the hospital, so we still had his food for our anniversary.

They have a "feed me" with a fixed price on the menu. But do yourself a favor, ask your waiter to customize a fee me experience for your group. He'll tell you what's good and fresh that day and his likes and dislikes and you tell him which dishes to include. Get a great bottle of wine and spend the entire night on several small courses trying their best stuff. Well worth not rushing and having a good time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Motahari76
Temple Terrace, Florida, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not known to many tourists but the food is tremendous. Staff very nice and responsive. Always select the "feed me" option. You will not be sorry.

• Visited October 2013
“Superb”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times several years ago and returned recently with my wife. I always felt this was one of the best places in town. After dinner there again I know I was right. Food superb again and the service best we ever had. Don't miss this jewel! Feed me!!

• Visited August 2013