“Few Places can Compare to this Italain Gem”

Tony Angello's Restaurant
Ranked #613 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Kenner, Louisiana
“Few Places can Compare to this Italain Gem”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you like atmosphere and real unique Italian cuisine- I'd say unmatched. The sauce here is made from fresh tomatoes with a slight sweet taste.. very delicious. This place has the very best oysters bienville I have ever eaten in my life. The lobster cup is to die for. The special dishes or out of this world. Mr Tony is a very friendly and his family recipes are very unique and more than delicious. I been eating here for more than 4 decades. Can't remember ever leaving here not happy.

• Visited November 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Food is just not consistent”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We spent my birthday here this week. The food was average at best. I ordered veal Parmesan and it came out cold and didn't have any cheese on it at all. I sent it back and the waitress insisted that there was cheese on top. Well, I didn't see any cheese. To be fair, once they brought the dish back to me, it was hot and topped with cheese.
Then when we were finished eating, they brought out an eggplant with a lit sparkler in it. It scared the life out of me and was popping everywhere. It burned holes through the table cloth and came about 1 inch from burning a whole in my arm. I didn't think that this was a fun idea on my birthday, or any other day for that matter.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lisa M
New Orleans
“Christmas Time at Tony Angelo's”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Exceptional as always !!! One of the few restaurants that you can always rely on being consistent and it has been consistently great for decades.

• Visited December 2013
Leesburg, Florida
“I could eat here every night!!!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

In a word……ooops, sorry, two words…."Feed Me"
That's all it takes. Then sit back and get ready for the food. Small plates start rolling out in what seems like an endless procession. Salads, hot appetizers, main courses…….it just doesn't get any better than this!!!! This trip, when they finished bringing food and asked about dessert, I said, 'wait a minute, I need some chicken parmesan'….. five minutes later, there is was…heaven on earth….best I ever had!!!! My buddy wanted more shrimp…..a couple minutes later, there is was. Someone else wanted more of the rolled eggplant, there is was.
I love this place!!!!!

Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Come hungry and get them to do an off menu feed you”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We got engaged at Tony Angello's 23 years ago and go back every year on our engagement anniversary. We only missed two years, Katrina and when my wife was having our daughter. Mr. Tony arranged for a special feed me to go for when my wife was in the hospital, so we still had his food for our anniversary.

They have a "feed me" with a fixed price on the menu. But do yourself a favor, ask your waiter to customize a fee me experience for your group. He'll tell you what's good and fresh that day and his likes and dislikes and you tell him which dishes to include. Get a great bottle of wine and spend the entire night on several small courses trying their best stuff. Well worth not rushing and having a good time.

• Visited April 2013