“Always good food and value for money”
Review of Irene's Cuisine

Irene's Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Irene's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our first night in New Orleans we always make for Irene's and whilst we normally have to wait 20 minutes to be seated we went straight to a table this time.

Nancy our server was very friendly and brought us our drinks whilst we pondered over the menu.

We chose oysters Irene and crabmeat gratin for appetisers and ordered crevette and chicken Rosemarino which turned out to be an excellent choice as they were all tasty and well cooked.

The food was great value for money and we would recommend this restaurant. You may not appreciate the old fashioned décor but you will appreciate the dining experience

Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place came highly recommended by the local people. The place is cozy and quaint and the service is great as well. I got the fish (Almondine?) and the prosciutto is really really good.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love Irene's. I love spicy food and Italian food is one of my favorites. The lines maybe a bit long sometimes, but the food at Irene's is incredible. I have been three times already in my travels to N.O.L.A. it is so worth it. Great steaks too! Very impressive, you gotta try it!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Been hearing about this restaurant for years and tried to get in unsuccessfully BEFORE they started taking reservations. Finally was able to make it on a recent visit. We ordered the mussels as an appetizer. They were really cooked and seasoned well with lots of garlic. Wife ordered the lasagna and liked it but not outstandingly so. I tasted. It was OK. I got fish and it was just OK. Limited menu. I would normally think that cannelloni would be on the menu of an Italian restaurant Service was excellent. The dining area atmosphere is really cool with the exposed brick. Overall 3.5 out of 5.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went for my daughters birthday. Many locals suggested we eat here. We were not disappointed. Antoine was the perfect Waiter...I had the veal Marsala and must say it was really the best ever. Daughter had fish and loved it...both dishes had sweet potatoes one mashed and one in a casserole type. Different flavors both very tasty. Great beans delicious. Homemade tiramisu for dessert..with a candle and singing for the birthday girl. And cheesecake for me. Someone had recommended the creme broule as the best but Antoine suggested the house baked cheesecake. He said from California we only get Philadelphia cream cheese and the cream cheese they use is from new Orleans. It truly had a different flavor. Was much smoother and light and airy. That too was best cheesecake I have ever had. The perfect night. Highly recommend. Suggest reservations. We waited out front for approx 45 min no reservations. Place filled up immediately. Not sure where they all came from since we were only ones waiting outside.

1  Thank Karen W