“Perfect mignon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
“Perfect mignon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I went with my wife to celebrate my birthday tired of too many fried cajun food, and all the food was excellent as well as the service. The oyster soup was superb and the mignon were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Medium for me and medium well for her. Desert was very good too.

St Ives
“Always good food and value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our first night in New Orleans we always make for Irene's and whilst we normally have to wait 20 minutes to be seated we went straight to a table this time.

Nancy our server was very friendly and brought us our drinks whilst we pondered over the menu.

We chose oysters Irene and crabmeat gratin for appetisers and ordered crevette and chicken Rosemarino which turned out to be an excellent choice as they were all tasty and well cooked.

The food was great value for money and we would recommend this restaurant. You may not appreciate the old fashioned décor but you will appreciate the dining experience

Visited July 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Great place, only the locals know!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place came highly recommended by the local people. The place is cozy and quaint and the service is great as well. I got the fish (Almondine?) and the prosciutto is really really good.

Visited July 2014
New York, NY
“Italian With N'awlins Flair!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love Irene's. I love spicy food and Italian food is one of my favorites. The lines maybe a bit long sometimes, but the food at Irene's is incredible. I have been three times already in my travels to N.O.L.A. it is so worth it. Great steaks too! Very impressive, you gotta try it!

• Visited July 2014
New Orleans area
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Been hearing about this restaurant for years and tried to get in unsuccessfully BEFORE they started taking reservations. Finally was able to make it on a recent visit. We ordered the mussels as an appetizer. They were really cooked and seasoned well with lots of garlic. Wife ordered the lasagna and liked it but not outstandingly so. I tasted. It was OK. I got fish and it was just OK. Limited menu. I would normally think that cannelloni would be on the menu of an Italian restaurant Service was excellent. The dining area atmosphere is really cool with the exposed brick. Overall 3.5 out of 5.

• Visited July 2014