“Excellent italian during a business lunch”
Review of Eleven 79 - CLOSED

Eleven 79
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Forked River, NJ
“Excellent italian during a business lunch”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went here for a biz lunch while in NOLA, and this restaurant really impressed. Great service, ambience, food. Everything was excellent. During the day, parking was easy around this place (a really nice plus), although the restaurant was full during lunch. We had a great time here, and great food. When I return to NOLA, I will likely put this on the rounds of places to visit.

• Visited August 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Veal Perfetto!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I took my wife to Eleven 79 for her birthday and we both loved it. Very old school mafia feel to it. Our waitress gave us a little too much information about her personal life and even sat down to tell us about it. She was very good at her job though and made excellent wine/pasta suggestions. I had the veal marsalla and my wife had the Veal Piccata. Both were very delicious and filling...well I did have a little room left for some coffee and very tasty tiramisu. Great for a special occasion.

• Visited September 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
“Neighborhood Restaurant with a Gimmick”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Nowadays most restaurants post their menus on the web. It would be a good idea to check out this menu before taking a cab there. If you are not into veal, you may be in somewhat of a bind. I, personally, eat most anything you can find in an Italian restaurant. However, my wife is a little more "choicie." Not eating veal, she went for the meatball made with a blend of beef, pork, and vea that was at least 8 oz. of meatl. She found it delicious. I had a veal dish called feurentina that was comprised of spinach, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella cheese. This was a very good flavor blend. The taste was great, the preparation just a bit over-cooked. I did finish it all however, The by-the-glass wine selection was limited. The staff was very attentive. All-in-all, I would go back but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. I noticed most of the reviews are from locals which makes this place not very well know to tourists. if, indeed, that makes a difference to you. By the way, the reviews run hot and cold. There are only about 10 tables in the main dining room. If you adore "out of the way places," go there. Otherwise there are world famous restaurants in the Quarter. Salute!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MGKelly
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent Classic Italian”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

This is a real 'find'. Best pasta, the house. Loved it. My friend had the Puttenesca and that was amazing. We had the best fish I think I have ever had. They also have a happy hour, with bar food. The ambiance is old school romantic even. I love the bar. The bartender served me an Italian cocktail I never had, forgot the name. The wine list is extensive and there are several $20.00 bottles. I suggest trying several pastas by doing the half portions. All I can say is: try this place and great for a date!

• Visited May 2013
Slidell, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too many great N.O. eaterys to waste time here.”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Before deciding on Eleven 79 I asked many prior patrons their opinions about the restaurant. They were split about 50/50 on their experiences. We decided to give it a try anyway. I am in the don't bother 50%. We started with a drink at the bar. While I believe the pricing was in line with other places, the bartender himself was more interested on texting on his smart phone than paying attention to the bar and seemed to get aggravated when asked about getting another drink. After being seated we started with two appetizers. Calamari and sausage with sautéed onions and green peppers. These were satisfactory. I had the veal chop. This is where the meal went down in my opinion. Extremely tough and chewy. Several other dishes served to our party of six not very good either. The service was fair. We had two waitress one waitress performed well and the other seemed disintrested in us. Small portions with large prices for chewy meat and lukewarm food not a good combo. I will not recommend or be returning. There are too many great N.O. eateries to waste time here.
Michael Kelly