“Delicious!”

Swiss Confectionery Inc.
Ranked #15 of 23 Bakeries in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I was biking by and decided to stop. Cookies in a bag $2.50, a dozen Petit Fours $7.50, Mixed Cake $6.50, and Cake in a Cup $2.50

I chose the Cake in a Cup and it was so fresh and yummy! Pineapple cream cheese filling. I bought some petit fours to try later!

1  Thank Julie R
There are newer reviews for Swiss Confectionery Inc.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Due to some last minute issues, I had to find a bakery that could make our wedding cake in 2 days... I was recommended to The Swiss Confectionery by our reception planner. I called and was told to stop in so we could speak about the cake. When I arrived, I was overwhelmed by the kindness and understanding of the bakery owner who was able to accommodate my needs with the last minute order. Not only was the cake delivered early, it was the most beautiful cake I had ever seen. This bakery far exceeded my expectations, and I highly recommend you give them a try. There are amazing people working at this bakery who care about their customers and will do their best and a more than equipped to provide you with your dream cake. I cannot say thank you enough!!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We came to New Orleans to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday with a few friends. I ordered a small cake from Swiss Confectionery before we got down there. I wasn't expecting anything special. Based the price I was quoted, I expected a small plain Jane birthday cake. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised. They put as much care & attention into this little birthday cake as they would their grandest wedding cakes. Best of all, it was delicious!

2  Thank robbbarr77
Reviewed 15 April 2014

For some odd reason, bakeries are not easy to find in New Orleans. We went looking for this one, and passed it up the first time because it is so simple.

When we walked in the door, the place was clean and had multiple cake displays, but there was very little in the display case at the cashiers. At first, I thought that they did not sell individual pastries other than a few boxes that has been filled with their own bite-sized confections. Then we started talking to the owner, I presume, who indicated that we could buy anything we wanted — just one or two confections, a box sampling them all or any combination we asked for. He acted like our little order was just as important as any customer's.

I took four of three different kinds, and they were unbelievably perfect. It's true that the family-owned business has specialized in cakes for 90 years, but the shop has petit-fours, brownies, jelly rolls, russians, macaroons, rum balls and doberge worth sampling. Just look carefully, so you don't pass it up.

1  Thank DebErlanger
Reviewed 16 December 2013

In 1991, Swiss provided my wedding cake. It was perfectly memorable. I no longer reside in New Orleans, but when I am in town to purchase a birthday cake or petit fours, I always do so with Swiss. I brought several cakes over the years for birhtdays for friends and family and everyone always raves about a Swiss cake! They are very old school- it is not the Starbucks for a sit down treat. I love Swiss and will continue to be a loyal customer as long as they are open.

1  Thank Flash36564