“Great Food/Great Service”

Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's
Reserve with OpenTable
Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Corner of South Peters and Poydras
Description: In its dazzling contemporary setting among the bold iconic canvases of George Rodrigue’s Blue Dog, Besh Steak is not your traditional steakhouse. 150 rich brown leather seats, some in private curtained booths, are set among crystal puddles of azure blue. A sleek, backlit wall of wine bottles is flanked by a glowing amber bar and an open brushed-silver kitchen. High-rolling guests and food critics alike will be swept away with the cool dining grandeur at Besh Steak in Harrah's New Orleans. Please note that you and your party must be 21 years or older to enter. The restaurant melds Chef John Besh's devotion to local Louisiana ingredients and techniques with traditional steakhouse menu items. Wine and spirits are also an integral part of the dining experience at Besh Steak, with hand-selected cellar choices to accompany each dish.
North Carolina
“Great Food/Great Service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

During a recent visit to NOLA we ate twice at this restaurant. What is left to be said? Excellent food and fantastic service. That's why we went there twice during a three day visit. A must dining experience when in NOLA.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jim K

Missoula, Montana, United States
“Want a BIG steak?”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A very good friend, with whom I've shared lots of great meals in lots of restaurants, told me this was the best steak in New Orleans. I had a ribeye with peppercorn sauce and was pleased...an 8, not a 10, but good...served with what the menu said was pomme frites but were actually fat French fries that a Frenchman would disdain...and only fair French fries. Kat had a filet with au gratin potatoes and said both were excellent. They did serve a deep fried bread and dollop of patte, and it was a 10. I was a little disappointed that they didn't offer sauteed spinach or other sides. The guy at the table next to me had an $80 GIANT steak, enough for 4, and ate it all. I suspect that's the one my buddy gets and loves. It ain't the Old Homestead in NY, but it's very good. Decent wine list, fair ambience but not super. Join me on facebook, search L. J. Martin, author of three dozen mystery, crime, and western novels.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Larry M
Kansas City
“Didn't care for the seasoning”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This place is fine, I just didn't care for the seasoning they put on their steak. It overwhelmed the flavor of the steak and was just too much. Service was excellent as was the location and ambiance.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mayan_Brian
Niagara Falls, Canada
“OMG EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The steak was really delicious, good service & a great place to eat, but it was around $100 for 2 ppl. so for that price it should be good, right!!! Would go back

Visited March 2014
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

First, the drinks at the bar were very good, but the bartender was not engaging at all and there were very few people to wait on. [Mark was his name] We read his name tag, he didn't volunteer that info. Since it was a Wednesday there were only about 6 or 7 tables seated, so we got a table quickly. We had looked at the menu at the bar and decided to order the 38 oz.Cowboy steak to split, a $79 item. First of all out waitress, Tricia, was very lifeless and not engaging either. It was more like "what do you want and how fast can I get rid of you". The steak came and it had a wine sauce on it that was not mentioned on the menu. We didn't want to cover the taste of the really wonderful steak, I can't imagine why this great ribeye would need a sauce. If a sauce had been mentioned on the menu, we would have declined or asked that it be put on the side. Tricia did offer to have the kitchen take the sauce off but when it came back the vegetables were now almost raw. They had been covered in the sauce also so they had to be redone. I have to say the steak was delicious and the best part of the meal. The one other real surprise was the pate, which is a freebie. We loved that it was served as a starter and great use of the left over rolls, which by the way were also delish. I have always wanted to go to this restaurant but since we are not gamblers, the casino doesn't pull us in. We had decided to just walk around and take a look and were just going to have one drink and leave. But that ribeye was calling to us. I know this restaurant will not be one of our usual stops in our favorite city and that is a shame. John, you really need to take a look at your restaurant and make an effort to train your people. This is a tourist town and you should be playing to the crowd. We did leave a full tip but I was disappointed.

• Visited April 2014