“Possibly the best sushi in NOLA”
Review of Sake Cafe Uptown

Sake Cafe Uptown
Ranked #517 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Since its opening, Sake Cafe' has swept the New Orleans sushi scene like a tsunami. The menu incorporates traditional Japanese cuisine and New Orleans flavors like Jazz Roll, Uptown Roll and New Orleans Roll. Our Chef creates unique fusion dishes, which are as beautiful as they are delicious. The striking interior creates a "Chic" environment for indulging in exotic offerings from Uni to Aji. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. Private seating up to 50 is available upstairs.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Possibly the best sushi in NOLA”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Just an awesome sushi spot. First class ambiance. Some of the freshest sushi in the city.

The Rocky III roll is a must try. The Spice Girl roll rocks. The Salmon Naruto roll is light & very satisfying.

Definitely worth trying out if you are a sushi fan.

A+.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great ambiance and happy hour”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

They have a really good happy hour menu 7 days a week with a good assortments of drinks rolls and appetizers. The decor and the ambience of this place is really good as well. Only reason this place isn't getting 5 stars is because the service was really slow even when the place wasn't busy right before the dinner rush hour.

Manchester, Connecticut
“Great food!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had a very late lunch here. Very good sushi! Nice contemporary atmosphere in side. Service was a bit slow that day, but I would go back for the food. Loved it.

Visited December 2013
new orleans
“We so often eat there”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It has never occured to me to write about Sake Cafe, located a couple of blocks from my home. How often do we write about 'mom's cooking?' you know what I mean, right? . I find myself eating there several times a week with my sons, or friends or just for a quick lunch, in which case, I always order the Bento Box,which for the price ranging from about 10 to l3 one has soup, salad and a little combo of sushi and sashimi....a better deal than eating junk food.

The restaurant is quite 'chic' with a lovely arrangement of lights hanging along the bar that give me he impression of lots of jelly fish in a fishing rod and this is very colorful. The servers are all excellent, the service is fast and if you go, try to sit in a booth as I have found that the seats are a bit uncomfortable if you lean back.

We order the local Sake and I can't understand why the large size to me looks very small...anyway, I enjoy it. Absolutely everything is delicious. I noticed, however, on a particular Sunday the portions were rather small, why? the little sushi rolls were half the size of the ones I have often eaten there regularly. Maybe a different chef?

There is a nice bar with a TV...great to watch the game.

Best,

• Visited December 2013
Virginia Beach
“Good place for sushi and drinks”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed happy hour appetizers, sushi and drinks from Sake Cafe. Nice selection of reasonably priced appetizers, good sushi selection and great drink specials. Will definitely go again when in the city.

• Visited October 2013