“Great Japanese Cuisine”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Since its opening, Sake Cafe' has swept the New Orleans sushi scene like a tsunami. The menu incorporates traditional Japanese cuisine and New Orleans flavors like Jazz Roll, Uptown Roll and New Orleans Roll. Our Chef creates unique fusion dishes, which are as beautiful as they are delicious. The striking interior creates a "Chic" environment for indulging in exotic offerings from Uni to Aji. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. Private seating up to 50 is available upstairs.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My daughter has eaten as Sake many times and when I was recently in New Orleans, she wanted me to try it. This restaurant has its own parking lot, so that is helpful. We ate there on a Wednesday night in January, and we were promptly seated in a roomy booth. There server was prompt. I ordered the Gyoza appetizer, and my daughter ordered the Goat Cheese Gyoza. I loved the Gyoza, and I also tried my daughter's Goat Cheese Gyoza. I liked it too! I ordered the Shrimp Teriyaki which came with a salad and miso soup. The Shrimp Teriyaki was beautifully presented, and it was delicious! My daughter ordered the Spicy Tuna Roll Sushi and even had some left to take back home.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The sushi was wonderful and they serve some special roles with a New Orleans flare. I loved the poboy sushi and would recommend you try it.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

In an area where parking is an issue, is was nice to find off street parking. This is a specialty sushi restaurant and I am not a Hugh fan of sushi, therefore I was not impressed. But based on others in the group the selections and flavor of several different sushi rolls were very good. Even though I am not much on sushi, I plan on returning with the same group since they enjoyed it so much.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Surprised my friend by adding this place to our plans. We'd always talked about getting sushi together but something always got in the way. So this seemed perfect.

The ONLY experience I had previously had with sushi was about 13yrs ago. We got some from a grocery store in VA Beach and ate it on top of our van watching the sunset and listening to bands play on the boardwalk.

My friend picked out the rolls so I can't exactly say what they were.

Great selection, romantic setting, great sushi, great prices.

Definitely can't wait to have it again!

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Just an awesome sushi spot. First class ambiance. Some of the freshest sushi in the city.

The Rocky III roll is a must try. The Spice Girl roll rocks. The Salmon Naruto roll is light & very satisfying.

Definitely worth trying out if you are a sushi fan.

A+.