“Pretty good sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Since its opening, Sake Cafe' has swept the New Orleans sushi scene like a tsunami. The menu incorporates traditional Japanese cuisine and New Orleans flavors like Jazz Roll, Uptown Roll and New Orleans Roll. Our Chef creates unique fusion dishes, which are as beautiful as they are delicious. The striking interior creates a "Chic" environment for indulging in exotic offerings from Uni to Aji. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. Private seating up to 50 is available upstairs.
CBS
“Pretty good sushi”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I ordered the tuna, salmon and crawfish rolls. It was all very good, considering I had a mad craving for some sushi while visiting NOLA. Would recommend this place for the casual sushi diner.

• Visited May 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great food! Great service! & Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

What more can you ask for???? Oh yes, reasonable prices! And yes, this restaurant has ALL four. My husband and I were thoroughly blown away with the freshness and flavor of the dishes here on a recent date night. We highly recommend you experience it for yourself. Don't let the mixed reviews discourage you. They delayed our visit. But our recent experience put an end to our doubts. We will definitely return.

1 Thank Tara M
Lafayette, Louisiana
“What just happened?”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The reviews of this place tell me that the people who gave Sake Cafe a positive review usually purchase their sushi from the grocery store. Words cannot begin to express how awful the sushi was. Our first clue should have been the fact the place was empty on a Saturday night. Lets talk about the "menu". The majority of the rolls had NO description. ZERO. How in the world are you supposed to know what they are? Secondly, not exaggerating, the rolls that did have a description, the font was 5pt! There is no way, no matter how good your eyes are, you could read that menu. The waiter was great, but I felt bad for him. It was very clear, out of our party of nine, no one was happy. Skip this place, much better sushi to be had in Uptown.

• Visited March 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Always a great experience.”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Will pass up the smaller Cafe Sake locations in Jefferson Parish to hit this one up. Great atmosphere! Discovered the Fire Pot Soup this trip and love it. The wait staff is always willing to bend over backwards to make your experience wonderful.

Visited February 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Japanese Cuisine”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My daughter has eaten as Sake many times and when I was recently in New Orleans, she wanted me to try it. This restaurant has its own parking lot, so that is helpful. We ate there on a Wednesday night in January, and we were promptly seated in a roomy booth. There server was prompt. I ordered the Gyoza appetizer, and my daughter ordered the Goat Cheese Gyoza. I loved the Gyoza, and I also tried my daughter's Goat Cheese Gyoza. I liked it too! I ordered the Shrimp Teriyaki which came with a salad and miso soup. The Shrimp Teriyaki was beautifully presented, and it was delicious! My daughter ordered the Spicy Tuna Roll Sushi and even had some left to take back home.

• Visited January 2014