“Queen of the Crescent City” 5 of 5 bubbles

New Orleans Garden District Grandeur
Ranked #7 of 214 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Two Chicks Walking Tours provides fun filled walking tours designed around small groups of visitors. Local guides present classic and innovative tours 7 days a week. We're a fresh voice for sightseeing in New Orleans. Home of the Brothels, Bordellos and Ladies of the Night tour PLUS the history of Burlesque and the resurrected Cynic's Ghost tour. You'll see the most notable landmarks and hear a refreshing perspective. Celebrate New Orleans culture and history with US. Some tours are adult only while others are completely family friendly. Great for couples, friends, book clubs, bachelorette parties, girls weekends etc. We're also happy to customize a corporate experience for you.
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Queen of the Crescent City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I highly recommend Christine Miller and Two Chicks Walking Tours for those visiting New Orleans, as well as locals interested in the history and culture of this beautiful city. Christine’s love of this city, combined with her heartfelt passion of its history, brings her tours to life. Her ability to engage, personifies the people of its past and landmarks steeped rich in history.

Christine is known as one of the best in the tourism industry. Her broad knowledge is not of just “standard tours”, but of its decadent debauchery … which defines New Orleans people and its cultural rituals to this day.

1 Thank annettehuth
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you so much for putting your valuable relaxation time in the care of Two Chicks. Times being what they are, some people don't even take their vacations at all. I also appreciate your time for the review.

North Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Garden District walk with Christine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Christine is just awesome! Not only is she funny, but she's smart, interesting and very entertaining.We brought our teenage kids to New Orleans during our summer vacation to the Gulf Coast, and sometimes tours like this can get very boring for kids. Not this one! The kids were interested and asked questions, and Christine was very engaging. It's fun to learn about history, architecture and traditions in this format. We would recommend Christine to anyone.
Also, before the tour, Christine was extremely helpful in some recommendations for hotels, food, and incorporating a game plan for doing what we wanted to do during our limited time in the city. That was, in my opinion, above and beyond the call, and we were very grateful for her help! Christine, you're the best!!!

2 Thank Becky B
THANK YOU BECKY! What a fantastic compliment to have kept the attention of the entire family. The Garden District with the fantastic cemetery, celebs, film locations, literary giants and authentic history SHOULD be enough to keep everyone interested and reviews like this definitely affirm that. I hope that you know there's always more gems being unearthed here and more adventures to go on. See you next time!
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Christine was beyond helpful as I planned and booked the itinerary for a fun trip to NOLA. She made fantastic recommendations to us, and everything that we tried was phenomenal!

She was flexible with scheduling a good time for our group and gave detailed instructions on what to expect. We had a group of ten recent high school grads from our church for a youth group senior trip and they LOVEd the tour of St Louis Cemetery No 1. Christine shared interesting stories and histories as we made our way through the cemetery, stopping to answer any questions that we had as we went. She was very knowledgable about the history of the cemetery and many of the interesting families who are buried there. The information that Christine shared as we toured the cemetery was appropriate for the age group we had and kept their attention well.

Although it gets hot walking through the concrete in the sun, she made great recommendations to us to dress accordingly and bring water to stay cool and also tried to find us shady areas to stop and talk about the various monuments.

I would absolutely book Two Chicks again for my next New Orleans adventure!

1 Thank Chelsea F
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Thank you Chelsea! Your review is really appreciated. I like being helpful to visitors and I'm kinda nosey when it comes to how people spend time here. Thanks for allowing me to suggest some options for your group. I invariably learn as I research venues, tips and trends. I look forward to the next camp of yours that comes to New Orleans.
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Perfect way to tour the Garden District. My friend and I were treated to an informative, fun, and personal walking tour. In addition to the residences, Christine introduced us to some gorgeous 19th-century immigrant churches that testify to the rich history of New Orleans. So much better than those big tour mobs!

2 Thank Greg M
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Greg,

Thanks for the great review! I really enjoy the conversations that are possible doing tours on a smaller basis. I feel like the topics we covered while visiting the Father Seelos center, the churches and the neighborhood have stayed with me as well. With each subsequent visit I experience a different aspect of the devotion, the buildings, the relics and the art. I'm excited to spend more time there. I'll have a new take on it all when you come back to town.
Nebraska City, Nebraska
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Even the LA natives were impressed...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked a private tour with Christine for ourselves and my very active 70 y.o. mother-in-law (MIL). My better half grew up 90 miles NE of NOLA and, like many Louisiana natives, humors me by going on various historical tours when we visit family. He finds these jaunts appealing, as (I'm guilty as charged, BTW) people tend not to do the touristy activities where they reside....Over the course of several trips to NOLA and the surrounding area the last few years, we've participated in several plantation tours (including The Myrtles Halloween tour), a group tour of the Garden District and a historically-oriented "ghost" tour.

I've had the privilege of taking many private and group tours in many different countries and I would rate Christine as "Excellent." She has worked in the travel industry for over 20 years. We booked the "Dead and Sexy Tour" (approximately two hours) as we have been wanting to tour St Louis #1 Cemetery and hadn't made it there yet.

As a seasoned historical tour geek, here is a summary of things I "hearted" about Christine:
1) From our initial phone call throughout our tour, Christine was kind, easy-going, and patient with both our questions and my MIL's need to pace herself in the stifling heat. She always directed us to the shady spots and was very considerate of our interests and needs.

2) Flexibility: Once we established Christine's availability, we had to confirm with my MIL that she was still game for the tour. Christine remained on stand-by while we got the maternal thumbs-up. The a.m. of the tour, I had to call Christine and request a time change due to making the acquaintance of some food the previous p.m. that apparently took issue with me.

My MIL, while spry, is slow and we had a 90 minute drive to NOLA once we picked her up (2.5 hours of travel time each way for us). Then we battled for the always-coveted downtown parking, etc. etc. We truly appreciated Christine understanding the logistical hoops we were jumping to reach our rendez-vous point. Our only disappointment was that my MIL gave out during the last 30 min of the tour and we missed the last stop.

3) Knowledge
No one knows everything (okay, well Sheldon thinks he does), but my husband knows his NOLA history and he is tough to impress when we do something touristy in Louisiana. Christine dazzled us both with her fund of knowledge and her presentation style. If she told us something she had not been able to confirm, she cited the info as such. For us, it was refreshing that she incorporated both fact and lore and differentiated between the two.

In short, we think Christine ROCKS! The private tour fit our needs and I will not hesitate to contact Christine the next time we are headed to LA so we can book another tour with her. Thank you Christine, for being such a kind, flexible person who knows her stuff and for having the gift of story telling. We look forward to seeing you again!

1 Thank wendy S
msmillernola, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I can't thank you enough for your kind review. I really appreciate it. I enjoyed spending time with y'all on your recent trip. St. Louis #1 is a beautiful and historic place to spend some time but it sure does get hot. I'm glad that we went on the earlier side to get some reprieve from the heat. You guys were such intrepid spies when it came to investigating the Storyville centered artifacts. Thanks for calling Two Chicks and I look forward to spending time with you on your next foray into the Big Easy.