“The Best Essence Festival "Food" Tour Guide”

Two Chicks Walking Tours
French Quarter Stroll
Ranked #3 of 232 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Two Chicks Walking Tours provides fascinating experiences designed around small groups of guests. Local guides present classic and uniquely themed tours 7 days a week. A fresh voice for sightseeing in New Orleans. Home of the Brothels, Bordellos and Ladies of the Night tour PLUS the resurrected Cynic's Ghost tour. You'll see the most notable landmarks and hear a refreshing perspective. Celebrate New Orleans culture and history with US. Some tours are adult only while others are completely family friendly. Great for couples, friends, book clubs, bachelorette parties, girls weekends, etc. We're also happy to customize an experience for you.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you don't know where to eat...Don't worry! Call Two Chicks Walking Tour.
Christina was very knowledgeable. We had Charbroiled oyster, Roast beef Po'boy, Hurricane drinks, Bread Pudding, and BBQ Shrimp. It was 4 of us..She even waited in the long line for us. She's worth every penny. Let her take the stress out of your trip! We did!

1  Thank Foodie992014
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

I can't thank you enough for selecting Two Chicks as one of your MANY options while you were in town for Essence. I really enjoyed meeting your friends and you for Mother's, Drago's, Cafe du Monde and shopping/sipping at the Riverwalk. I hope the bread pudding recipes were a hit. Thanks again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)
All reviews
"private tour"
in 35 reviews
"tour group"
in 29 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 30 reviews
in 111 reviews
"history"
in 519 reviews

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I highly recommend Christine Miller and Two Chicks Walking Tours for those visiting New Orleans, as well as locals interested in the history and culture of this beautiful city. Christine’s love of this city, combined with her heartfelt passion of its history, brings her tours to life. Her ability to engage, personifies the people of its past and landmarks steeped rich in history.

Christine is known as one of the best in the tourism industry. Her broad knowledge is not of just “standard tours”, but of its decadent debauchery … which defines New Orleans people and its cultural rituals to this day.

1  Thank annettehuth

Thank you so much for putting your valuable relaxation time in the care of Two Chicks. Times being what they are, some people don't even take their vacations at all. I also appreciate your time for the review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Christine is just awesome! Not only is she funny, but she's smart, interesting and very entertaining.We brought our teenage kids to New Orleans during our summer vacation to the Gulf Coast, and sometimes tours like this can get very boring for kids. Not this one! The kids were interested and asked questions, and Christine was very engaging. It's fun to learn about history, architecture and traditions in this format. We would recommend Christine to anyone.
Also, before the tour, Christine was extremely helpful in some recommendations for hotels, food, and incorporating a game plan for doing what we wanted to do during our limited time in the city. That was, in my opinion, above and beyond the call, and we were very grateful for her help! Christine, you're the best!!!

2  Thank Becky B

THANK YOU BECKY! What a fantastic compliment to have kept the attention of the entire family. The Garden District with the fantastic cemetery, celebs, film locations, literary giants and authentic history SHOULD be enough to keep everyone interested and reviews like this definitely affirm that. I hope that you know there's always more gems being unearthed here and more adventures to go on. See you next time!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Christine was beyond helpful as I planned and booked the itinerary for a fun trip to NOLA. She made fantastic recommendations to us, and everything that we tried was phenomenal!

She was flexible with scheduling a good time for our group and gave detailed instructions on what to expect. We had a group of ten recent high school grads from our church for a youth group senior trip and they LOVEd the tour of St Louis Cemetery No 1. Christine shared interesting stories and histories as we made our way through the cemetery, stopping to answer any questions that we had as we went. She was very knowledgable about the history of the cemetery and many of the interesting families who are buried there. The information that Christine shared as we toured the cemetery was appropriate for the age group we had and kept their attention well.

Although it gets hot walking through the concrete in the sun, she made great recommendations to us to dress accordingly and bring water to stay cool and also tried to find us shady areas to stop and talk about the various monuments.

I would absolutely book Two Chicks again for my next New Orleans adventure!

1  Thank Chelsea F
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you Chelsea! Your review is really appreciated. I like being helpful to visitors and I'm kinda nosey when it comes to how people spend time here. Thanks for allowing me to suggest some options for your group. I invariably learn as I research venues, tips and trends. I look forward to the next camp of yours that comes to New Orleans.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Perfect way to tour the Garden District. My friend and I were treated to an informative, fun, and personal walking tour. In addition to the residences, Christine introduced us to some gorgeous 19th-century immigrant churches that testify to the rich history of New Orleans. So much better than those big tour mobs!

2  Thank Greg M
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Greg,

Thanks for the great review! I really enjoy the conversations that are possible doing tours on a smaller basis. I feel like the topics we covered while visiting the Father Seelos center, the churches and the neighborhood have stayed with me as well. With each subsequent visit I experience a different aspect of the devotion, the buildings, the relics and the art. I'm excited to spend more time there. I'll have a new take on it all when you come back to town.