“Man, those burgers!”

O'Henry's Food & Spirits
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I went on a Groupon. I ordered the crawfish balls and the shrimp remoulade salad. First of all, those were the BEST crawfish balls I have eaten, off the charts! The shrimp remoulade salad was kind of plain but let me tell you, they KNOW how to cook shrimp! OUTSTANDING. I went back to my apartment and bought another Groupon and went back a couple days later with a friend. We both ordered burgers. Mine was the Heartburn and even thinking about it now several days later my mouth is watering. His was a dressed cheeseburger. He ordered it well-done and in my mind I was shaking my head thinking, "dry-dry-dry". Oh no, that burger was incredibly juicy and flavorful! The only down things were they do not do good fried pickles, very greasy and the grease tasted old or used up. Also, I am not a big fan of peanut shells on the floor but I get it and would never complain or hold that against a place.

There are newer reviews for O'Henry's Food & Spirits

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Truth be told, we stopped at this location only because the original place we had intended on visiting (next door), was packed. So, we walked into the place blind, not really knowing what to expect. Luckily, the experience was pretty positive!

The food was fantastic. Everything was fresh, delicious, and plentiful. The prices were very reasonable, the atmosphere comfortable, and the staff friendly. The only problem was speed of service. Our waitress was the only waitress for the downstairs area, meaning she had to cover about 10 tables. She was trying to keep up, she simply couldn't. She was also serving as the hostess, to make matters even worse.

In the end, though, it was a great little find!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had eaten at O'Henry's on our first visit to NOLA 2 years ago and had a good meal, so we figured we would try it again for a Saturday lunch this weekend- our first clue should have been when we watched the waitress use a rag to "wipe off" the tables and push the food debris onto the chairs. My husband's crab soup arrived barely warm, my plain burger had the tomatoes my daughter had ordered and her burger was raw in the middle. We told the waitress that it was seriously undercooked (we had ordered medium rare) and she took it away and returned a few minutes later with the burger no further cooked, but more cheese piled on top. My daughter tried to eat the edges of the burger and found a piece of plastic in the meat. We had all lost our appetites by that point- I found a shrimp tail in with my fries. The manager did agree to take the charge for the burger off the bill, only after he told us that medium rare at O'Henry's meat cold in the center. It was an unpleasant experience and we will not return.

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Women's bathroom had bugs in it. I ordered the spinach, apple, pecan salad-it was nasty.. Way too much dressing. Husband ordered stuffed avocado salad-it had a funny taste. Son ordered a hamburger- the meat was very poor quality and the meat was falling apart, he couldn't even eat half of it. I left my entire salad and the waitress never even questioned if there was a problem with it. Place just had a dirty feel.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband got off the trolley/bus line after much sightseeing and thought we would stop for a quick bite, We stumbled upon O'Henry's and what a pleasant surprise we had!!! We sat upstairs outside on the balcony on a wonderful Tues. evening. We were immediately given peanuts to munch on & noticed there were shells on the ground..........so I gather that's the way it is! The special on Tuesdays - $6 Fillet Mignon Burgers & $2 beers!!!!! No extra charge for cheese etc....
What a find!!! And what an incredibly delicious burger!!! The steak fries came hot and were also delish. The waitress was prompt and her service was quick. Highly recommend this place - especially on Tuesdays!!!!!!

1  Thank Patti S