“Post Mardi Gras Stop”

O'Henry's Food & Spirits
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Post Mardi Gras Stop”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped in after the Mardi Gras parade around 10:30. We has a party of 8. The manager got us in quickly and seated outside. We ordered from the Mardi Gras menu and sat outside and watched the cars go down Carrollton. The food came out pretty quickly. My children loved the burger and the gumbo was pretty good. Overall the service was great. The waitress did a really good job checking on us and making sure our cups were never empty. The only thing, I think that the table gets peanuts for a pre-meal snack (like some restaurants give bread) and we never got ours.

The huge parking lots next store was a plus, especially since parking is a premium and we have a large SUV.

Visited March 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Frosted Mugs”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We took the St Charles Street car out of the city just to get a little break from the Bourbon Street crowd and it was well worth it. Great appetizers AND frosted mugs of beer - I love it. We sat on the balcony on the second level with a nice view of street cars and pedestrians below. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Man, those burgers!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I went on a Groupon. I ordered the crawfish balls and the shrimp remoulade salad. First of all, those were the BEST crawfish balls I have eaten, off the charts! The shrimp remoulade salad was kind of plain but let me tell you, they KNOW how to cook shrimp! OUTSTANDING. I went back to my apartment and bought another Groupon and went back a couple days later with a friend. We both ordered burgers. Mine was the Heartburn and even thinking about it now several days later my mouth is watering. His was a dressed cheeseburger. He ordered it well-done and in my mind I was shaking my head thinking, "dry-dry-dry". Oh no, that burger was incredibly juicy and flavorful! The only down things were they do not do good fried pickles, very greasy and the grease tasted old or used up. Also, I am not a big fan of peanut shells on the floor but I get it and would never complain or hold that against a place.

• Visited September 2013
Beaumont, Texas
“Great Value, Slow Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Truth be told, we stopped at this location only because the original place we had intended on visiting (next door), was packed. So, we walked into the place blind, not really knowing what to expect. Luckily, the experience was pretty positive!

The food was fantastic. Everything was fresh, delicious, and plentiful. The prices were very reasonable, the atmosphere comfortable, and the staff friendly. The only problem was speed of service. Our waitress was the only waitress for the downstairs area, meaning she had to cover about 10 tables. She was trying to keep up, she simply couldn't. She was also serving as the hostess, to make matters even worse.

In the end, though, it was a great little find!

• Visited May 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had eaten at O'Henry's on our first visit to NOLA 2 years ago and had a good meal, so we figured we would try it again for a Saturday lunch this weekend- our first clue should have been when we watched the waitress use a rag to "wipe off" the tables and push the food debris onto the chairs. My husband's crab soup arrived barely warm, my plain burger had the tomatoes my daughter had ordered and her burger was raw in the middle. We told the waitress that it was seriously undercooked (we had ordered medium rare) and she took it away and returned a few minutes later with the burger no further cooked, but more cheese piled on top. My daughter tried to eat the edges of the burger and found a piece of plastic in the meat. We had all lost our appetites by that point- I found a shrimp tail in with my fries. The manager did agree to take the charge for the burger off the bill, only after he told us that medium rare at O'Henry's meat cold in the center. It was an unpleasant experience and we will not return.

• Visited May 2013