“Compassionate people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
O'Henry's Food & Spirits
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Concord, Massachusetts
“Compassionate people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

No, I have never eaten here. I live in Boston. My brother, sister-in-law and their four children live in NOLA, where my once athletic 21-yo niece has recently been transferred to a hospice after a diagnosis of a rare brain tumor. At the very least, one family member is with her, high school and college friends have sleepovers and her hand is held 24/7.

O'Henry's hosts a charitable event every Thursday where a % of receipts, if you mention the name of the one who will benefit, goes to that person. Friends arranged for last week's event to benefit my neice's clinical trial for which insurance would not pay.

As I said, I'm in Boston and events are happenning in NOLA. I wanted to participate, so I phoned O'Henrys, spoke with the owner and I was able to have have a meal for 20, not only provided, but O'Henrys even arranged for delivery. Family, friends and hospice staff all reported the trays of food were fabulous.

I cannot vouch for the taste of their food, but if my fussy brother said it was great, I'll go with it. More important is that they are paying-it-forward. If I'm ever again in NOLA, I will sweep the floors, disinfect the bar, put everything

• Visited August 2014

Hunter Valley, Australia
“Terrific food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Found this restaurant by chance, sat upstairs on the balcony. Very pleasant. The place looks a bit "grotty" with all the peanut shells everywhere, but what the heck, the food was fantastic.
It happened to be my husband's birthday, so he got the birthday special for Free. New York strip steak and sides, it was a beautiful piece of meat and I had ribs. The best ribs I've had in 4 weeks of travelling. The service was great and with one free meal we definately couldn't complain about the bill. But all meals were priced well. A bit out of the way, on S.Carrollton Street, but worth the extra travel.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Post Mardi Gras Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped in after the Mardi Gras parade around 10:30. We has a party of 8. The manager got us in quickly and seated outside. We ordered from the Mardi Gras menu and sat outside and watched the cars go down Carrollton. The food came out pretty quickly. My children loved the burger and the gumbo was pretty good. Overall the service was great. The waitress did a really good job checking on us and making sure our cups were never empty. The only thing, I think that the table gets peanuts for a pre-meal snack (like some restaurants give bread) and we never got ours.

The huge parking lots next store was a plus, especially since parking is a premium and we have a large SUV.

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Frosted Mugs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We took the St Charles Street car out of the city just to get a little break from the Bourbon Street crowd and it was well worth it. Great appetizers AND frosted mugs of beer - I love it. We sat on the balcony on the second level with a nice view of street cars and pedestrians below. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Man, those burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I went on a Groupon. I ordered the crawfish balls and the shrimp remoulade salad. First of all, those were the BEST crawfish balls I have eaten, off the charts! The shrimp remoulade salad was kind of plain but let me tell you, they KNOW how to cook shrimp! OUTSTANDING. I went back to my apartment and bought another Groupon and went back a couple days later with a friend. We both ordered burgers. Mine was the Heartburn and even thinking about it now several days later my mouth is watering. His was a dressed cheeseburger. He ordered it well-done and in my mind I was shaking my head thinking, "dry-dry-dry". Oh no, that burger was incredibly juicy and flavorful! The only down things were they do not do good fried pickles, very greasy and the grease tasted old or used up. Also, I am not a big fan of peanut shells on the floor but I get it and would never complain or hold that against a place.

• Visited September 2013