“Some of Best Vietnamese Food!”
Review of Lilly's CAFE

Lilly's CAFE
Ranked #303 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Having experienced some of New Orleans best cuisine again this year while visiting for Jazz Fest - Patois and Cochon - we were thrilled to discover Lily's via Yelp. The food is probably the best we've had in US - including in CA and VA, and she is a warm, lovely and sincere host. And a fraction of the cost of the "high end" restaurant experience here or elsewhere in US. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stopped at Lilly’s for a late lunch/early dinner on a recent weekday afternoon. Lilly’s is a small store-front café on Magazine Street, rather bare and plain inside with wooden tables and lightweight metal chairs. The wait staff was exceptionally friendly. The menu is pretty standard for a small Vietnamese place, with pho (Vietnamese soup bowl), com (rice) and bun (vermicelli) dishes. They have received positive local press for their pho. The prices are reasonable, with the pho running about $9 and the com about $8, depending on which dish you order. We started with the Lilly’s spring rolls which were shrimp, avocado, rice, vegetables, chicken and strawberries – different but pretty good. We also tried the chrysanthemum tea, which is very, very sweet. My wife had a pho bowl with chicken and extra vegetables (for $2 more); she thought the pho was better than most, and the pho bowls are huge – it was easily enough food for two adults. I had a com dish with pork and an egg on top (for $1 more); I thought it was good but nothing special. Lilly’s strikes me as a decent neighborhood restaurant, but not one that serves a city-wide reputation. It was obvious that they have a local following as several regulars arrived while we were eating and were greeted warmly. But from the stand-point of an out-of-towner, this isn’t a place I’d visit twice.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I'm glad that we tried the Lilly's egg roll, it was really good--unique, you won't find it anywhere else. However, I really wanted the pork chop with rice along with all the regular side items like the fried egg, cucumber, and hashed pork...well, that wasn't available. I was a bit surprised since this claims to be authentic vietnamese when that is such a staple vietnamese dish. Also, our favorite vietnamese drinks weren't available either. Therefore, I really wanted a authentically authentic vietnamese place that caters to vietnamese reviewers. Maybe we're a tough crowd but we've been eating vietnamese for many, many years and had a high standard. Service is wonderfully excellent however.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We were really pleasantly surprised to fine Lilly's on Magazine St., just down the street from a vacation rental. Lilly herself waited on us but that was because the Cafe was very busy even at 8:30 at night. Lilly tried to correct our pronunciation of Pho but she didn't have to correct the recipe! It was delicious and fresh. I've often had Pho that was too spicy but not at Lilly's. If you wanted to make it hotter there were condiments to help do that but it was great just as served. It had been very favorably reviewed in a national food magazine within the last six months. No wonder!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My husband stopped here for a quick dinner. In the past, we've never been fans of Vietnamese cuisine but I wanted to give it a shot. It was amazingly flavorful. I ordered the spicy shrimp and my husband ordered the chicken pho. We were both very happy. Fresh and flavorful.