“Bought one original praline then went back for more ”

Loretta's Authentic Pralines
Ranked #19 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Arkansas
“Bought one original praline then went back for more ”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A next door neighbor tried my sister's homemade pralines and compared them to Loretta's here in Nola. We decided to try them as we were looking for a slightly less cooked praline without the grainy sugar we had bought at another store. We found them at Loretta's. I bought one as a taste test and then bought a dozen. Oh so smooth. Buttery and vanilla flavor perfectly converged with the sugar. Great service too right in the heart of the farmers market in the French quarter

Metairie, Louisiana
“Pralines, the best in New Orleans”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

These are the best Pralines in New Orleans. I have been purchasing them from Loretta for over 20 years. And Loretta's Pralines is the only praline my Mom would recommend as a New Orleans Tour Guide. They are available all over New Orleans but if you have the time, visit Loretta's shop at 1100 N Peters Street.

• Visited April 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The pralines are pretty good. They are the good and less expensive than most. The real story here is the Sweet Potato Cookies!!!! Get some, EAT them. We went twice, the second trip I bought a dozen. It won't be enough or last long enough.

Visited April 2014
San Francisco, United States
“The best pralines in the quarter”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had a little trouble finding Loretta's this visit. They changed the store front since Katrina and this was my first time back. I'm glad I continued to search. I love pecans and Loretta's pralines are the best way to present them. They come in traditional, coconut, rum and chocolate. Two dozen of them came back with me and I distributed them to friends. They all agreed that they're amazing. Can't wait to go back and get more. Or maybe I'll order them online.

Visited February 2014
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tantilize your tastebuds.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I visited their location on 2101 N. Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
The most amazing beignets you will ever taste. Fluffy, flaky texture with a melted praline inside. Pure decadence! Meet Loretta at this location. The nicest person you will ever meet. This is a "must visit" place when you come to New Orleans. So much better than Cafe Du Monde.

• Visited March 2014