“Good but not great like I was told”
Review of Landry's Seafood - CLOSED

Landry's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 26 May 2014

On a tour in New Orleans we got told that you havent been anywhere good to eat if you havent been to the above? Really????????????Was the tour guide being paid by this place?
We went on the 05/01/2014 and spent a fair bit more than we would of liked to for dinner, would not of minded if the food was up to standard.
The fried green tomatoes were great but the rest of our meal was just average the service was pretty good but it was a quiet night. People were coming in would look at the menu then walk out so I dont know if it was because they thought it may of been a bit expensive?
Staff were great and so was the man at the front on guitar, cannot remember his name.
Would I go back not really as there are so many other places to eat at in NOLA and better value, not the food was terrible but more so average.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you go to New Orleans a without going to Landry's for the friend green tomatoes, you have not truly had completed your vacation!

1  Thank TeriLovesNJ
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We had some amazing food here. We loved the Po boys but be warned you could probably shared it with someone. It is allot of food. We had a fried shrimp one
It was very tasty. And the service was great. Would go back

Reviewed 16 May 2014

First time eating here, was really looking forward to having the Crawfish for the first time in my life! The waiter was good, he actually suggested that I dont order the Crawfish as they are too little for this time of year (May), but since I was on holidays and only there for 1 week, I really wanted to try it. I ordered 3 pounds of Crawfish ( he wasnt kidding, they were little and I was still hungry even after eating that many) but I have to say, they used TOO MUCH Old Bay seasoning! I couldn't even taste the Crawfish because the Old Bay seasoning was overwhelming and my lips started hurting from all the salt.
My partner ordered fish and wasn't very impressed with it as well.
Very expensive for not really good food!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent. Oysters and catfish were great. Atmosphere was excellent. Holly was our server and she was wonderful. She made all the right recommendations including our beer selection. She made our experience amazing.