“The smell was heavenly!”
Review of Original Papa Joe's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Original Papa Joe's Restaurant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 14 October 2008

When we arrived this gentleman was barbequeing in his store front which currently is on Canal Street. The aroma was making me so hungry I wanted to stop right then and there. Too bad I had only crossed the street from the hotel. We did not eat there at that time but I kept this place in mind. Right before we were slated to leave the city I mentioned this place to my coworker with whom I was sharing a ride to the airport and currnently a hotel room. She looked it up on this site and semi reluctantly agreed to go with me and get lunch before heading to the airport. She had just said "I am not hungry yet and will eat at the airport." Let me tell you Joe changed her tune. I knew it was going to be good when I noticed the local workers picking up lunch in there. We got a dinner and took it back across the street and finished off the entire plate including two sides and a hearty portion of his delicious barebequed ribs. The gentleman was very personable and pretty funny. We thoroughly enjoyed our last piece of New Orleans!

Reviewed 11 April 2008

Found this place by accident on our last trip to New Orleans---fantastic barbeque! Had the pulled pork sandwich, potato salad and baked beans, and they were all delicious.

2  Thank VGuthrie