“Just What We Wanted”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good Cajun spread with gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and sausage and shrimps. Just what we were looking for and plenty of it. Service was efficient and friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I were seated in a forgotten patio area off back because of our dog. Evyn our server was inattentive from start messing up our appetizer and offering a lame excuse. He suggested 2 "happy hour" beverages that ended up being $15 each. He attempted to establish a rapport over a missplaced rap music reference. He strongly suggested I try a surf and turf poboy(dripping roast beef and shrimp), without my asking. It sucked, but I'm the fool for taking his advice....we tried to get out asap.
He accussed us of not paying when he didn't see the cash for bill AND TIP folded on the table...when I pointed it out he offered no apology. The bartender and table busser seemed more genuinely sorry on his behalf. Not only will I not go back, but I will tell friends and family to do the same.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son and I happened upon this place in the French Quarter on a drizzly day in early June. I ordered the blackened chicken and red beans/rice, and my son the beef Po Boy. The food was good, the gumbo especially. The chicken was moist and not overly hot for blackened chicken.

The challenge with New Orleans is the food is so elevated that "charmingly adequate" seems really not good enough.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service and the food is fresh and served in large portions. Highly recommend it! Try the cheese steak!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped in for breakfast and got seated right away (no busy though). I ordered scrambled eggs, toast and potatoes, but it was the BEST eggs/toast/potatoes I've ever had. Huge windows open up so you can see the street. Great location.